Author Topic: 13 women use firearms in self-defense against exes, criminals over 2-week period across US  (Read 505 times)

Offline Kamaji

13 women use firearms in self-defense against exes, criminals over 2-week period across US

By Emma Colton, Fox News
August 21, 2023

At least 13 women across the country used a firearm to fend off assailants between the waning days of July and Aug. 12, local news reports show.

“Can we take a minute to appreciate how many women have protected themselves and others with firearms in the last two or so weeks? It’s basically a highlight [reel] of just how important the right to keep and bear arms is for us, too,” Heritage Foundation senior legal fellow Amy Swearer posted on X, previously known as Twitter, detailing the cases.

Local news reports from Arizona to Pennsylvania show that between July 29 and Aug. 12 there were at least 13 instances of women fending off assailants, most notably their own exes.

A woman in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, for example, shot and wounded the father of her child on Aug. 11 after he assaulted her.

The man was shot in the shoulder and had an outstanding warrant for violating a protection-from-abuse order to stay away from the woman.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/21/13-women-use-firearms-in-self-defense-against-exes-criminals-over-2-week-period-across-us/

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
13 women use firearms in self-defense against exes, criminals over 2-week period across US
By Emma Colton , Fox News
August 21, 2023 7:13pm  Updated

At least 13 women across the country used a firearm to fend off assailants between the waning days of July and Aug. 12, local news reports show.

“Can we take a minute to appreciate how many women have protected themselves and others with firearms in the last two or so weeks? It’s basically a highlight [reel] of just how important the right to keep and bear arms is for us, too,” Heritage Foundation senior legal fellow Amy Swearer posted on X, previously known as Twitter, detailing the cases.

Local news reports from Arizona to Pennsylvania show that between July 29 and Aug. 12 there were at least 13 instances of women fending off assailants, most notably their own exes.

A woman in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, for example, shot and wounded the father of her child on Aug. 11 after he assaulted her.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/21/13-women-use-firearms-in-self-defense-against-exes-criminals-over-2-week-period-across-us/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 05:51:02 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

Merged threads. Please search before posting.