Author Topic: Biden recalls kitchen fire in attempt to console Maui wildfire survivors  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Kamaji

Biden recalls kitchen fire in attempt to console Maui wildfire survivors

By Steven Nelson
August 21, 2023

President Biden told a room full of Maui wildfire survivors that he could commiserate with their plight because years ago firefighters “ran into flames” at his own home to rescue first lady Jill Biden — retelling a story that for years has drawn unflattering fact-checks.

The 80-year-old president was attempting to make common ground with his audience by invoking a small kitchen fire in 2004 at his Wilmington, Del., home that the local fire department said “could be considered an insignificant fire” because it was quickly doused.

“I don’t want to compare difficulties, but we have a little sense — Jill and I — what it’s like to lose a home,” Biden told the Lahaina residents, whose historic town was destroyed on Aug. 8 in wildfires that killed at least 114 people.

“Years ago now — 15 years ago — I was in Washington doing ‘Meet the Press.’ It was a sunny Sunday and lightning struck at home on a little lake that is outside of our home — not on a lake, a big pond,” Biden said.

“And it hit a wire and came up underneath our home into the heating ducts, air conditioning ducts. And to make a long story short, I almost lost my wife, my ’67 Corvette and my cat.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/21/biden-tries-to-commiserate-with-maui-survivors-over-small-house-fire/

Offline Kamaji

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
What a maroon!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online mountaineer

All a lie. But we knew that.

Biden tells Maui wildfire victims, "I don't want to compare difficulties, but..." then tells a made up story about losing his house to a fire. According to a 2004 AP report, it was “a small fire...contained to the kitchen” that “was under control in 20 minutes.”

"Jill and I have a little sense of what it's like to lose a home" and then tells the story of when lightning struck his house in 2004 and says "I almost lost my '67 corvette and my cat."

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1693783865993973931
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 11:57:53 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

“You guys catch the boots out here? That’s a hot ground, man”
President Biden jokes about how hot the ground is in Maui after a fire ripped through, killing hundreds
 Collin Rugg, Canada Free Press
August 22, 2023

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1693757818816664060

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Lies, Tells Maui Fire Survivors He Has a Sense of ‘What It’s Like to Lose a Home’

President Joe Biden compared a small kitchen fire at his home in Delaware 19 years ago to the devastation in Lahaina, Maui, telling victims he had a sense of what it was like to “lose a home.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/22/joe-biden-lies-tells-maui-fire-survivors-he-has-a-sense-of-what-its-like-to-lose-a-home/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Mary Chastain Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Maui victims are ticked: “After thirteen days. He’s finally here. Thanks for nothing. F*ck you. F*ck you.”

President Joe Biden always makes everything about him.

The trip to Maui to view the devastation caused by the wildfire was no different.

There are 114 confirmed dead and 850 missing. They might never find some of those missing people.

Why did Biden bring up the death of his first wife and daughter? I don’t get it:

BIDEN: “— America’s deadly wildfire — deadliest wildfire in over a century. And Jill and I have — what’s left — walked front — wat was left of it, we’ve surveyed the damage from the air as well. The devastation is overwhelming. To date, 114 dead. Hundreds of people unaccounted for. I remember when I got the call, my first wife and daughter, I was a young senator and I got a call in Washington, I hadn’t been sworn in yet, I wasn’t old enough. And I was hiring staff in the Capitol, at Teddy Kennedy’s office, and I got a phone call saying, from my fire department, the young first responder kind of panicked, you got to come home, there’s been an accident. I said, what happened? He said, your wife, she’s dead, come home, come home. A tractor trailer had broadsided her and killed her in a car accident, along with my little daughter. And I remember all the way down from Washington to home wondering what a lot of people here are wondering: What about my two boys?”

I mean, I guess what he’s hinting at, but come on:

Many people on Maui right now don’t know what happened to their loved ones, or are grappling with news of the deaths of close friends and family. “I know the feeling as many of the people in this town, in this community, that hollow feeling in your chest like you’re being sucked into a black hole, wondering will I ever get by this?” Biden said.

RNC Research
@RNCResearch
Biden tells Maui wildfire victims, "I don't want to compare difficulties, but..." then tells a made up story about losing his house to a fire.

According to a 2004 AP report, it was “a small fire...contained to the kitchen” that “was under control in 20 minutes.”

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1693783865993973931

More:https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/08/biden-claims-he-knows-how-maui-fire-victims-feel-by-talking-about-a-minor-fire-at-his-house/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Watch – Biden Jokes About the ‘Hot Ground’ While Visiting Maui Wildfires: ‘You Guys Catch the Boots Here?’

President Joe Biden waded through the aftermath of the wildfires in Maui where he appeared to joke about the “hot ground.”

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1693757818816664060

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/21/biden-jokes-hot-ground-maui-wildfires/
Support the USO

Offline LMAO

:facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Biden recalls kitchen fire in attempt to console Maui wildfire survivors
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2023, 02:24:25 pm »
For his next act Joe will go to Pearl Harbor and order a round of Kamikaze's.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2023, 02:28:09 pm »
Brandon is a complete idiot and an evil one at that.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2023, 02:45:25 pm »
We all know that Joe brings every topic back to himself. If he is addressing Jews, then he is Jewish. If he is addressing Latinos, then he is Latino. If he is addressing truck drivers, then he is a truck driver. If he is addressing military families, then he was in the Naval Officer program and his son died under fire in Iraq.

A small kitchen fire to him is the same as losing entire families and over a thousand people in a wildfire. I am only surprised that he didn't claim his son Beau also died fighting a wildfire. The man is demented. He cannot differentiate between 'real' and 'fantasy'. He lies because he thinks he is telling the truth. He believes his own lies. He doesn't know the difference.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 02:55:04 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2023, 04:12:38 pm »
 twilight zonexxxx Ladies and Gentlemen...presenting Joe Biden...Mr. Empathy! I bet he still gets the democrat vote in Hawaii.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2023, 05:49:13 pm »
Biden’s Twisted Idea of Empathy
The president’s responses to tragedies almost always involve butchering the truth to make them about him, rather than their victims.
By Charles C. W. Cooke
August 22, 2023 11:45 AM

For the living, the news of a death brings with it a peculiar mixture of the transcendent and the mundane. There is shock to absorb, anguish to process, and passion to assuage, and then, in the midst of all that, there is the bureaucracy. Within hours, one must turn one’s attention to the dull but necessary questions that all mourners face in such times. Questions such as: “Where can we get hold of the coroner?” “What should we do with the body?” And, “How swiftly can we get Joe Biden here to make this event about himself?”

I joke, but only in part. Last week, political spectators marveled at the seeming callousness of the president’s repeated insistence that he had “no comment” about the devastating fires in Hawaii, but it turned out that the taciturn approach had been the correct one all along. Eventually, Biden consented to visit Maui and to say a few words about what had happened, and, as everyone ought to have anticipated, it did not go well. Addressing the news that 114 Americans had died thus far, and that 1,000 more were yet to be found, Biden told the families that his wife and daughter had died in a car accident in 1972, and that he, too, grasped what it’s like to “lose a home,” because his house suffered an insignificant kitchen fire back in 2004 and he almost lost his Corvette.  ...
https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/08/bidens-twisted-idea-of-empathy/

Offline berdie

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2023, 08:32:09 pm »
I think Joey probably thinks he's empathizing and identifying with the people. "Hey, I'm one of you". But he's just not. I would be deeply offended.

I still can't believe he didn't work Beau into the conversation some way.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2023, 01:53:01 am »
Biden has repeatedly told exaggerated house fire story to victims of tragedies
Biden accused of showing the 'same callousness' to Maui fire victims as Gold Star families following Afghanistan withdrawal
By Jessica Chasmar Fox News
Published August 22, 2023 5:24pm EDT
President Biden’s retelling of a 15-year-old story about a minor fire at his Delaware home is facing renewed backlash after he told victims of the deadly Hawaii wildfires Monday he shared "a little sense" of what they were going through.

While visiting the fire-ravaged remains of Maui, Biden recalled the fire that started at his Wilmington home due to lightning.

"I don’t want to compare difficulties, but we have a little sense, Jill and I, of what it was like to lose a home," Biden said. "Years ago, now 15 years, I was in Washington doing ‘Meet the Press’. … Lightning struck at home on a little lake outside the home. Not a lake. A big pond. It hit the wire and came up underneath our home, into the … air condition ducts.

"To make a long story short, I almost lost my wife, my '67 Corvette and my cat."

Biden has recalled the story multiple times in recent years in an apparent attempt to connect with victims of natural disasters.

A 2004 report from The Associated Press, archived by LexisNexis, said lightning struck the Bidens’ home and started a "small fire that was contained to the kitchen."

The report said firefighters got the blaze under control in 20 minutes, and they were able to keep the flames from spreading beyond the kitchen.

The Republican National Committee posted videos Tuesday showing Biden telling multiple variations of the story.

In October of last year, Biden told Hurricane Ian victims in Florida that he lost "an awful lot" of his home due to the fire.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-repeatedly-told-exaggerated-house-fire-story-victims-tragedies
Support the USO

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2023, 05:17:57 pm »
On some versions he said he was there watching the heroes save his home. When he wasn't even in the State. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2023, 05:25:45 pm »
The words on the top of one Maui home hopefully in view of inbound flight to the  Kahului Airport, "NO COMMENT".
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2023, 07:58:18 pm »
I still can't believe he didn't work Beau into the conversation some way.
Yes, that's surprising, but at least he started off with some mention of his other great tragedy, the wife and daughter who died in a car accident. No mention of the fact that she was driving distracted because she was upset about his affair with Jill.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2023, 08:23:38 pm »
Yes, that's surprising, but at least he started off with some mention of his other great tragedy, the wife and daughter who died in a car accident. No mention of the fact that she was driving distracted because she was upset about his affair with Jill.
She was distracted, yeah let's go with that and the fact that for decades the POS Biden told anyone who'd listen that the truck driver was at fault and "I don't know if it's true, but I was told the truck driver might have been drunk". (pretty much ruining the guys life)

Sorry my belief is that Neilia was angry/depressed/despondent...maybe inebriated(as if we would have been told) and in that emotional state made an almost successful attempt to kill herself and her children so as to cause Joe as much pain as possible.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2023, 10:35:16 am »
Hawaii resident: Biden is a ‘vile human being’ for joking about Corvette when ‘there were children who were incinerated into ash’
08/23/2023 // News Editors // 480 Views

Democrat President Joe Biden has provoked a severe backlash from Hawaii’s residents after he cracked jokes and talked about himself while visiting Maui on Monday.
(Article by David Hawkins republished from SlayNews.com)

Biden did not get a warm welcome when he visited Hawaii to look at the damage from the Maui wildfires.

At least 114 people died but the true total will be many more when all the dead are counted.

Almost 1000 people are still unaccounted for, according to authorities.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-08-23-hawaii-resident-biden-a-vile-human-being.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2023, 02:43:41 pm »
Hawaii resident: Biden is a ‘vile human being’ for joking about Corvette when ‘there were children who were incinerated into ash’
08/23/2023 // News Editors // 480 Views

Democrat President Joe Biden has provoked a severe backlash from Hawaii’s residents after he cracked jokes and talked about himself while visiting Maui on Monday.
(Article by David Hawkins republished from SlayNews.com)

Biden did not get a warm welcome when he visited Hawaii to look at the damage from the Maui wildfires.

At least 114 people died but the true total will be many more when all the dead are counted.

Almost 1000 people are still unaccounted for, according to authorities.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-08-23-hawaii-resident-biden-a-vile-human-being.html
Waiting for Biden's supporters to blame everything on jet lag, no his stutter, he was misheard, he misspoke? How about as he gets older and the dementia progresses he has less and less ability to control the true nasty, arrogant, entitled, narcissist that he is from coming out in public.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2023, 03:11:09 pm »
JoePedo is so detached from reality he has no common ground to relate.

It also tells me he's out of the loop and not running the show.

Some people may call that a coup.
The Republic is lost.