Author Topic: The Left Ruins Everything: Now They're Cancelling Classic Rock  (Read 955 times)

Online Kamaji

The Left Ruins Everything:  Now They're Cancelling Classic Rock

BY CHRIS QUEEN
AUGUST 21, 2023

Rock music has always been about tweaking the establishment. From the early rock & roll days, musicians have specialized in sticking it to the man. That’s all well and good when the man is a buttoned-down square with traditional values, but when the woke becomes the establishment — you kids had better turn that music off.

We’ve already seen the left go after authors, films, and TV shows, but that’s not all. Now the wokescolds are going after classic rock music. It all started when Universal Records added Queen’s “Greatest Hits” album to the library for Yoto, a new entertainment platform aimed at a youth audience.

“Queen’s greatest hits are now available!” crows the Yoto website. Only it’s not true because one of Queen’s biggest smashes is missing. Universal left “Fat Bottomed Girls” off the Greatest Hits album on the Yoto platform.

“Fat Bottomed Girls” is an ode to the women of the title, and it has been a staple of classic rock radio for decades. It’s unmistakably Queen, and it’s a lot of fun to harmonize with.

The Daily Mail described “Fat Bottomed Girls” as “a humorous and hard-rocking tribute to a young man’s appreciation of fuller-figured ladies.” The tune hit #11 on the British charts and #24 on the Billboard Hot 100; it also went double-platinum stateside. But it’s too much for the woke folx.

Guitarist Brian May wrote the song specifically for lead singer Freddie Mercury to enjoy. He said in 2008, “‘I wrote it with Fred in mind, as you do, especially if you’ve got a great singer who likes fat bottomed girls… or boys.”

Source:  https://pjmedia.com/culture/chris-queen/2023/08/21/the-left-ruins-everything-now-theyre-cancelling-classic-rock-n1720795

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: The Left Ruins Everything: Now They're Cancelling Classic Rock
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 05:39:37 pm »
The left loves to cancel anything the perpetually offended find outrage with.

Baby It's Cold outside.
Half of David Allen Coe's songs
Doors The WASP (Texas Radio and the Big Beat)
and on and on
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 11:48:00 pm »
Woke-ism is the cultural Black Hole.

It is the epitome of cultural destruction, sucking in whatever offends without so much as a flash at the event horizon, but contributing nothing.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2023, 08:09:10 pm »
Just an idle thought...Is this really any different than the attempted cancellation of Elvis, The Beatles, The Doors (Light My Fire lyrics), The Stones (Let's Spend the Night Together lyrics)  back in the day?  :shrug:

Heck, even Garth Brooks had to change the lyrics to And The Thunder Rolls. happy77

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2023, 08:11:46 pm »
Just an idle thought...Is this really any different than the attempted cancellation of Elvis, The Beatles, The Doors (Light My Fire lyrics), The Stones (Let's Spend the Night Together lyrics)  back in the day?  :shrug:

Heck, even Garth Brooks had to change the lyrics to And The Thunder Rolls. happy77

Except that music has been playing for decades .... and it gets cancelled???  Glad I have vinyl and recordings.  I'll continue to enjoy what the heck I want to listen to.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2023, 08:34:01 pm »
Except that music has been playing for decades .... and it gets cancelled???  Glad I have vinyl and recordings.  I'll continue to enjoy what the heck I want to listen to.

What she said!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2023, 08:49:41 pm »
I've listened to a few rock songs in my day, and even back to the age of Elvis, Rock and Roll was intended to be rebellious, controversial, and pushing the edge of limits of sex drugs and rock  and roll. 

I have never heard of this silly organization Yoto, but to anyone with any curiosity, there are still countless ways and resources out thereyo listen and understand rock and roll history.  And the fact this faux agency has no problem or anger calling out Rap, and its countless attacks on Law Enforcement, Women, and most anything else that is acceptable human behavior.

What Yoto also doesn't realize that Rock music especially mid 60's on was left leaning.  But who really takes seriously this Yoto who thinks this is consistent with their ideology.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2023, 09:10:59 pm »

Good point re: playing for decades. And I listen to what I choose to as well. :laugh:

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2023, 09:13:30 pm »
I've listened to a few rock songs in my day, and even back to the age of Elvis, Rock and Roll was intended to be rebellious, controversial, and pushing the edge of limits of sex drugs and rock  and roll. 

I have never heard of this silly organization Yoto, but to anyone with any curiosity, there are still countless ways and resources out thereyo listen and understand rock and roll history.  And the fact this faux agency has no problem or anger calling out Rap, and its countless attacks on Law Enforcement, Women, and most anything else that is acceptable human behavior.

What Yoto also doesn't realize that Rock music especially mid 60's on was left leaning.  But who really takes seriously this Yoto who thinks this is consistent with their ideology.

That is one of the things I have a problem understanding. Why is the Rap @rap not called out? :shrug:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2023, 09:18:27 pm »
These $120 players are marketed to kids 2-12.... so I can understand not offering every piece of music you can find on the internet. What gets me is you have to buy "cards" to play everything, at $6-$12 each, some folks must be made of money.

Everyone of us if in mood for something similar would find a better sounding bluetooth speaker system and save a buck. The only ups I see for the system are internal storage (8 gigs I think) and it does cute patterns when not displaying the time/clock, and everything is commercial free (and you have heard some commercials lately).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2023, 10:07:06 pm »
 :pondering: OMG I must be waaay older than I thought because when I read the words classic rock I had something totally different in mind :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2023, 10:12:49 pm »
:pondering: OMG I must be waaay older than I thought because when I read the words classic rock I had something totally different in mind :shrug:

yeah... that song ain't rock... maybe big-band or crooner... but not rock.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2023, 01:30:32 am »
As the saying goes, you ain't see nothing yet. The younger generations appear to be aghast at the lyrics of many older songs as indicated by the changes of the lyrics of the song "Baby, It's Cold Outside."
When the news came out about the young musicians who substituted woke lyrics for the old ones, my first reaction was to laugh.
But there's thousands of songs out there that have similar unwoke lyrics.
Will they attempt to change all of them so that nobody gets offended?
The signs look bad.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2023, 01:52:10 am »
One would think the leftist Dems would be thrilled with a song depicting Fat Admiration and Body Acceptance.  Huh.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Kamaji

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2023, 11:06:52 am »
One would think the leftist Dems would be thrilled with a song depicting Fat Admiration and Body Acceptance.  Huh.  :shrug:

There's no point to assuming or expecting rational thought or rational action from the 'woke' crowd.