Author Topic: Doctors sue to stop mandated ‘implicit bias training’  (Read 458 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Doctors sue to stop mandated ‘implicit bias training’
« on: August 21, 2023, 04:27:41 pm »
Doctors sue to stop mandated ‘implicit bias training’

https://www.thecollegefix.com/doctors-sue-to-stop-mandated-implicit-bias-training/

A medical nonprofit and two California doctors are suing the state medical board to block a law requiring mandatory implicit bias training in continuing medical education.

“Under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, the government cannot compel speakers to engage in discussions on subjects they prefer to remain silent about,” the suit argued.
The California law at issue, enacted in 2019, requires that “all continuing medical education courses shall contain curriculum that includes an understanding of implicit bias.”
The Pacific Legal Foundation represents Drs. Azadeh Khatibi and Marilyn Singleton and the conservative medical group Do No Harm in their suit.

Dr. Singleton disputed implicit bias theory in an email to The College Fix.

“Blaming disparities in medical care on implicit bias is a lazy way out,” she said. “When overt racism is eliminated, leaders seemingly are looking for a quick fix to the persistent problem of disparate access to good medical care.”

"Continuing education" is required for maintaining licenses for a variety of professions, and probably in more states than just California. Theoretically, the purpose is to help the doctor or nurse or teacher or ______ keep up with advances in their profession. So this 2019 law basically forces doctors wanting to maintain their license to be subjected to indoctrination that has zero to do with their professional proficiency.

The Pacific Legal Foundation has been POing envirocrats and other bureaucratic parasites for some 45 or 50 years that I know of.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Re: Doctors sue to stop mandated ‘implicit bias training’
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 04:49:05 pm »
My concern is always, that the 1A specifically mentions Congress.

In theory I don’t see how states can be stopped from doing what they wish unless otherwise spelled out.

Lots of “anti-free-speech” local laws exist and have for a very long time from saner days.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 05:08:46 pm »
My concern is always, that the 1A specifically mentions Congress.

In theory I don’t see how states can be stopped from doing what they wish unless otherwise spelled out.

Lots of “anti-free-speech” local laws exist and have for a very long time from saner days.

Most of the Bill of Rights has been applied to the states via selective incorporation under the 14th Amendment.  Wiki article on same:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_of_the_Bill_of_Rights

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 05:20:52 pm »
There is a movement to include 'drag queen story hour' along with this CRT indoctrination.
Doctors have to understand the unique needs of men who become women.
Included in the course: How to give them gynecological exams. How to give them effective mammograms.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 05:34:33 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2023, 08:45:27 pm »
There is a movement to include 'drag queen story hour' along with this CRT indoctrination.
Doctors have to understand the unique needs of men who become women.
Included in the course: How to give them gynecological exams. How to give them effective mammograms.

Will they include how to give a reasonable prostate exam to a woman?
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.