Author Topic: Heavily armed smugglers operating just south of California border, Mexico warns  (Read 178 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Heavily armed smugglers operating just south of California border, Mexico warns

Infrared images released by Customs and Border Protection showing armed bandits operating along the border in the Otay Mountain Wilderness Area. (Courtesy: … Read More
by: Salvador Rivera

Posted: Aug 18, 2023 / 03:10 PM CDT

Updated: Aug 18, 2023 / 03:10 PM CDT

SAN DIEGO (Border Report) — Mexico’s Institute of Migration, INM, says it is having to double its patrols directly south of the border to protect migrants from smugglers who have become more heavily armed in recent months.

INM Director David Pérez Tejada said they are noticing more smugglers with weapons in areas that are infamous for illegal crossing activity into California, such as the canal in Tijuana and in the canyons near the ocean.

Armed bandits preying on migrants in San Diego wilderness near border, agency says
“Our need for more personnel limits us and sometimes we are putting our personnel in danger as they come across smugglers carrying weapons,” said Pérez Tejada. “We have also witnessed smugglers fire their weapons toward the north at Border Patrol agents.”

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/heavily-armed-smugglers-operating-just-south-of-california-border-mexico-warns/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson