Author Topic: Alarmists Want You to Turn off Lights, Close Blinds so 'One Billion Birds' Won't Die  (Read 502 times)

Offline Kamaji

Cuckoo:  Alarmists Want You to Turn off Lights, Close Blinds so 'One Billion Birds' Won't Die

By Mike Miller
August 20, 2023

People of America! I have an urgent plea! Please, for the sake of America's birdbrains, turn off your lights and shutter your blinds! Otherwise, you're likely an accomplice in the brutal murder of one billion birds!

OK, that was a bit hyperbolic and a tad misleading. Let's try it again.

The National Audubon Society, a non-profit environmental organization dedicated to the conservation of birds and their habitats, is asking Americans to make their communities "bird safe" in a concerted effort to prevent more than "one billion birds" dying per year from flying into closed windows.

The bird group told WBAL-TV in Baltimore that "lighting and reflectivity, specifically during migration for birds, is a really dangerous problem and kills up to one billion birds in North America per year."

I'll get to the very fuzzy math relative to how they came up with one billion later.

Audubon Senior Coordinator for Bird-Friendly Communities Erin Reed Miller told the outlet that she and another community activist collect 500 birds every four months from around approximately 25 buildings in Baltimore.

Lindsay Jacks, director of  Lights Out Baltimore, also told the outlet:

Source:  https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2023/08/20/cuckoo-alarmists-want-you-to-turn-off-lights-close-blinds-so-one-billion-birds-wont-die-n2162834

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
FTA: "Finally, which comes as a real "shocker," the Audubon Society joined a coalition to ask the United States Senate for a stronger climate bill, to "ensure a rapid transition to clean energy."

Yep, keep putting up the bird choppers while telling Americans they're culpable for the mass murder of birds if they don't turn off lights.   :shrug:

Whatta Buncha BS.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Kamaji

FTA: "Finally, which comes as a real "shocker," the Audubon Society joined a coalition to ask the United States Senate for a stronger climate bill, to "ensure a rapid transition to clean energy."

Yep, keep putting up the bird choppers while telling Americans they're culpable for the mass murder of birds if they don't turn off lights.   :shrug:

Whatta Buncha BS.

:thumbsup:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What a birdbrain idea.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Not so much light, but more reflectivity.

Birds see reflections of trees in my windows.  When hawks attack, and the prey birds scatter, a couple my inevitably crash into a window thinking they are flying towards trees.

The local Audubon Society sells stickers/decals you wan put on the windows to discourage the wayward birds from leaving an imprint of the Holy Spirit on my windows.

Mostly, its mourning doves .. they are dumb and slow.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.