Author Topic: Victim of Barnes & Noble ‘sniffer’ has low expectations for justice after repeated catch and release  (Read 231 times)

Online Kamaji

Victim of Barnes & Noble ‘sniffer’ has low expectations for justice after repeated catch and release

By Michael Ruiz, Fox News   
August 20, 2023

Following yet another arrest for Barnes & Noble “sniffer” and career sex predator Calese Crowder, one of his victims is demanding that Los Angeles authorities take the perverted prowler more seriously.

“I’m relieved that he was arrested again, but I unfortunately don’t have high expectations with him being kept there for long,” said Michaela Witter, one of at least two women who caught Crowder on video sneaking up behind them in the Burbank bookstore.

She was right. He walked out of jail again Friday, with Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascon’s office telling Fox News Digital they did not have enough evidence to prosecute his latest allied crime – failing to register as a sex offender.

After Witter posted about her encounter on TikTok, the video went viral, and she said at least 20 other women reached out to her with similar stories.

“I’ve talked with others who were affected by Calese Crowder, who suffer from PTSD because of him, don’t feel safe going out because of him. And I want to know why the justice system isn’t taking this as seriously as it is,” she told Fox News Digital.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/20/victim-of-barnes-amp-noble-sniffer-blasts-repeated-catch-and-release/