Author Topic: GOP Sen. Cassidy: Jack Smith Has ‘Almost a Slam Dunk’ Case Against Trump  (Read 538 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Sen. Cassidy: Jack Smith Has ‘Almost a Slam Dunk’ Case Against Trump

Pam Key 20 Aug 2023

Senator Bill Cassidy (R-LA) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that special counsel Jack Smith had “almost a slam dunk” case against former President Donald Trump with the classified documents charges.

Anchor Kasie Hunt said, “So, let’s talk now about the presidential race. We are 72 hours from the first Republican presidential debate. It’s going to be missing the front-runner, Donald Trump, the former president. He is facing federal charges over his efforts to overturn the election. And you did vote to convict him in his impeachment trial after January 6, you said, quote, because he is guilty. The former Attorney General Bill Barr says that the charges that have been brought against him are responsible. Do you agree?”

Cassidy said, “I’m not attorney. There’s 91 charges, I think. I think the charge that seems most likely, I mean, seems almost a slam dunk, is the one related to mishandling of classified documents. So I can’t comment on the rest of them because, apparently, you have to prove state of mind. You will have attorneys after me that can comment on that.”

He added, “But there’s at least one, which is the mishandling of the federal documents, which is — seems, again, a very strong case. They have a tape recording of him speaking of it. If that is proven, then we may have a candidate for president who has been convicted of a crime. I think Joe Biden needs to be replaced, but I don’t think Americans will vote for someone who’s been convicted. So, I’m just very sorry about how all this is playing out.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/20/gop-sen-cassidy-jack-smith-has-almost-a-slam-dunk-case-against-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Shows you what a degree from LSU is worth.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

Sen. Bill Cassidy says Trump classified docs case ‘almost a slam dunk’
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 05:11:02 pm »
Sen. Bill Cassidy says Trump classified docs case ‘almost a slam dunk’

By Josh Christenson
August 21, 2023

Sen. Bill Cassidy described the federal case against former President Donald Trump over his retention of classified national security documents as “almost a slam dunk” on Sunday — and for a second time urged the Republican front-runner to drop out of the 2024 race.

The Louisiana Republican, who voted to convict Trump following the 45th president’s impeachment over his attempts to reverse his 2020 electoral loss, said the 40-count indictment brought against him in South Florida by special counsel Jack Smith was “a very strong case.”

“They have a tape recording of him speaking of it,” Cassidy told CNN’s “State of the Union.” “If that is proven, then we may have a candidate for president who has been convicted of a crime.”

“I think [President] Joe Biden needs to be replaced, but I don’t think Americans will vote for someone who’s been convicted,” added Cassidy. “So, I’m just very sorry about how all this is playing out.”

Trump, 77, is facing 91 criminal counts in two federal cases, one state case and one municipal case — amounting to a maximum sentence of 712 years and six months if he is convicted on all charges.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/21/sen-cassidy-says-trump-docs-case-almost-a-slam-dunk/

Offline Mod5

Merged