Author Topic: DC continues experiencing soaring crime rates despite council chairman saying 'there is no crime cri  (Read 227 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

DC continues experiencing soaring crime rates despite council chairman saying 'there is no crime crisis'
Violent crime has increased 38% over the past year in nation's capital
By Joe Schoffstall Fox News
Published August 20, 2023 7:00am EDT

D.C. crime activist Ronald Moten joined ‘Fox & Friends First’ to discuss his concern about the growing surge in violence and what is to blame for the spike.

Washington, D.C.'s crime rates have continued to skyrocket despite its city council chairman proclaiming earlier this year there is no crime crisis in the nation's capital.

Democratic D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson told the House Committee on Oversight in late March that while there are considerable concerns regarding crime, residents should not worry.

"With regard to crime, yes, there is considerable concern," Mendelson said. "But while perception is important, the reality is less concerning. Let me be clear: People should feel safe, and it is a problem that many residents of the district don't.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dc-continues-experiencing-soaring-crime-despite-its-council-chairman-saying-there-is-no-crime-crisis
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It reminds me of "I did not have sex with that woman." :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson