Author Topic: Physician Groups Beg For Help With Emergency Rooms Flooded By Children In Psychiatric Crisis  (Read 273 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Physician Groups Beg For Help With Emergency Rooms Flooded By Children In Psychiatric Crisis

Anxiety, depression, and suicide attempts are common causes.
By  Mairead Elordi

Aug 19, 2023   DailyWire.com

Emergency room doctors and pediatricians are pleading for help with a flood of children and teenagers showing up at emergency rooms due to mental health issues.

A surge of mental health emergencies among children has overwhelmed emergency rooms, according to a joint paper released Wednesday by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and Emergency Nurses Association (ENA).

The children showing up in crisis are often suffering from emergencies related to anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts or attempts, the groups said.

“The ER has become a de facto referral center for all of these problems, and there’s too many of them for the emergency department to manage,” said lead author Dr. Mohsen Saidinejad, who directs pediatric emergency medicine at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Saidinejad is also a member of the AAP and ACEP committees on pediatric emergency medicine.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/physician-groups-beg-for-help-with-emergency-rooms-flooded-by-children-in-psychiatric-crisis
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

The cause of children’s anxiety are adults themselves

What else to expect when you’re told every day that you’re the wrong gender and climate change is gonna kill you?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy