Author Topic: DeSantis Shrugs Off Leaked Debate Memo, Says He Is Ready to Throw Punches  (Read 753 times)

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis Shrugs Off Leaked Debate Memo, Says He Is Ready to Throw Punches at GOP Opponents On Stage

Sarah Arnold
August 20, 2023

2024 GOP presidential candidate Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla) denounced the leaked memo from a pro-DeSantis super PAC suggesting he will use it if needed at this week’s first Republican presidential nomination debate.

“On the memo, it’s not mine. I haven’t read it,” DeSantis said during an interview with Fox News. “It’s just something we have and put off to the side.”

The document instructs DeSantis to take a "sledgehammer" to the rising GOP candidate and businessman Vivek Ramaswamy and to call him "Fake Vivek" or "Vivek the Fake.”

A recent Emerson College poll found that DeSantis and Ramaswamy are tied at ten percent, trailing Trump, who leads with 56 percent.

It also advises the governor to defend former President Trump— who will not be in attendance— if former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie attacks him.

DeSantis’s campaign argued that “every candidate on and off the debate stage will have their knives out for Ron DeSantis” during the first 2024 debate, which is being held in Wisconsin.

DeSantis has tried to change his campaign strategy as his once-promising poll numbers sink to single digits, which has caused weeks of harmful media coverage spotlighting his campaign’s overspending, staff layoffs, and change of leadership.

“I know from the military when you’re over the target, that’s when you’re taking flak. And if you look really in the last six to nine months, I’ve been more attacked than anybody else. Biden, Harris, the media, the left, other Republican candidates,” DeSantis said.

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2023/08/20/desantis-n2627265

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"On the memo, it’s not mine. I haven’t read it,” DeSantis said during an interview with Fox News. “It’s just something we have and put off to the side.”

This makes sense.  Why read anything or --- heaven forbid ---- contribute --- when you have to do what you're told anyway?   :shrug:

And if you look really in the last six to nine months, I’ve been more attacked than anybody else. Biden, Harris, the media, the left, other Republican candidates,” DeSantis said.

DeSantis says this in the middle of the most blatant, coordinated lawfare attacks by the full federal government against the candidate Republicans actually want and who he is trailing by 40+ points.

This raises serious questions about the mental health of Ron DeSantis

Offline corbe

I'm still questioning the fact that Trump is a stable genius.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Or an "Idiot Savant", but without the savant part.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I'm not seeing any shining brilliance in DeSantis either.  :shrug:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

A lot can change between now and the primary season. But, for now, it seems he’d rather be somewhere else than campaigning for president

And this is coming from somebody who plans on voting for him in the primary
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 03:22:58 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
RDS is really starting to remind me of Fred Thompson in the day. 

Great early established cred, expectations,  and poularity, but succummbed to early unforced errors.

He was at first my hope, but now I think the conservative bloc should boycott Tumpy, and focus their attention, funds, and efforts 100% toward down ticket candidates.  Honestly, Tumpy is dim lite with the visions of $15T Freedom Cities and baby bonuses.  No thanks, I think we will be better off as obstuctionist in senate and house.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 03:25:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

RDS is really starting to remind me of Fred Thompson in the day. 

Great early established cred, expectations,  and poularity, but succummbed to early unforced errors.

He was at first my hope, but now I think the conservative bloc should boycott Tumpy, and focus their attention, funds, and efforts 100% toward down ticket candidates.  Honestly, Tumpy is dim lite with the visions of $15T Freedom Cities and baby bonuses.  No thanks, I think we will be better off as obstuctionist in senate and house.

A very accurate description of Ron DeSantis at this point in time.

I have advocated that, should Trump get the nomination, then the efforts need to go in to try to elect more Republicans to Congress.

The Senate looks promising. The House looks perilous. But our luck will run out   if we get another round of Trump endorsed candidates.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 03:34:40 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@bigheadfred

Really?

Did  you know that besides being assigned to a base camp that sometimes had SEALS passing through,his records show that DeSantis’s duties included a physical fitness coordinator, a recruiting officer, an assistant urinalysis coordinator

Seems like the Navy didn't actually trust him to handle the piss tests,but they DID trust him to be an assistant!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@bigheadfred

Really?

Did  you know that besides being assigned to a base camp that sometimes had SEALS passing through,his records show that DeSantis’s duties included a physical fitness coordinator, a recruiting officer, an assistant urinalysis coordinator

Seems like the Navy didn't actually trust him to handle the piss tests,but they DID trust him to be an assistant!

An assistant urinalysis coordinator. Holding the cup or the other thing?   happy77
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

An assistant urinalysis coordinator. Holding the cup or the other thing?   happy77

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQltwDoyM5s

Barry Goldwater

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@bigheadfred

There are some things I just don't want to know.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQltwDoyM5s

@LMAO

Mel Brooks was a funny,funny man. I still remember laughing so hard while watching Blazing Saddles that my ex and her sister got up and moved to the other side of the theater,and that my ribs literally hurt the next day.

Young Frankenstein was a real hoot,too. That English comedian with the goofy eyes always cracked me up. Can't remember his name at the moment,but seeing it as a co-star guaranteed that I would be buying a ticket.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Mel Brooks was a funny,funny man. I still remember laughing so hard while watching Blazing Saddles that my ex and her sister got up and moved to the other side of the theater,and that my ribs literally hurt the next day.

Young Frankenstein was a real hoot,too. That English comedian with the goofy eyes always cracked me up. Can't remember his name at the moment,but seeing it as a co-star guaranteed that I would be buying a ticket.

Marty Feldman

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Marty Feldman

@LMAO

Yup! That is the name of the guilty party. I am not aware of anyone else who is or was capable of looking so innocent AND so guilty at the same time.

And if you look really in the last six to nine months, I’ve been more attacked than anybody else. Biden, Harris, the media, the left, other Republican candidates,” DeSantis said.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DB

This you?

This    Is a globally-recognizable picture photoshopped into a meme.

The DeSantis team created an AI generated "photo", inserted it into a campaign attack ad against Trump and presented the "photo" as real.

Learn the difference @jmyrlefuller  ---- it matters.

Other examples of a photoshopped meme for reference:

« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 11:09:50 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Either ...

1.) DeSantis campaign has a rat.

or

2.) It was a trial balloon.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.