Author Topic: DeSantis attack ad uses fake AI images of Trump embracing Fauci  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

DeSantis attack ad uses fake AI images of Trump embracing Fauci
The Verge, Jun 8, 2023

The fake images depict Trump kissing Fauci on the cheek, allowing the DeSantis campaign to frame Trump
as a close supporter of Fauci’s policies combatting COVID-19.

The campaign backing Ron DeSantis as Republican presidential nominee in 2024 has used what experts identify as AI-generated deepfakes in attack ad against rival Donald Trump.

On June 5th, the “DeSantis War Room” Twitter account shared a video emphasizing Trump’s support for Anthony Fauci, a former White House chief medical advisor and key figure in developing the US response to COVID-19. Fauci has become a hated figure in right-wing politics, particularly among the anti-vax movement, and the attack ad seeks to grow this base of support for DeSantis by portraying Trump and Fauci as close collaborators.

The video includes real clips of Trump discussing Fauci and a collage of six pictures of the two men together. Of the six images, three appear to be AI-generated, showing Trump embracing Fauci. In the collage below they are top-left, bottom-middle, and bottom-right.

More:
https://www.theverge.com/2023/6/8/23753626/deepfake-political-attack-ad-ron-desantis-donald-trump-anthony-fauci

Re: DeSantis attack ad uses fake AI images of Trump embracing Fauci
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 05:39:31 pm »
Tim Pool
@Timcast

I was 55/45 for Trump/DeSantis

Now Im 0% for DeSantis

Using AI images to smear Trump is a hard fu*k you

DeSantis must disavow

10:55 AM · Jun 8, 2023

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 05:44:24 pm »
DeSantis, bad move.  You're supposed to wait until you are elected to lie your ass off.

Using AI deepfakes only exposes DeSantis as weak, desperate, and unscrupulous.

Wow, DeSantis is really punching above his weight, and losing.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 05:44:30 pm »
Lots of testicles it takes to whine about a fake picture of Donald Trump when this was the same guy who early on  took a picture of a young Ron DeSantis and, even a poster here, such as our own RIV, demanded of others if buying  alcohol for underage teenage girls was a new conservative value

Trump himself even put out the idea that he could’ve been possibly grooming these girls

And no, I do not like fake pictures being used against an opponent or a picture without any context. But to watch the MAGA force cry about this is the height of hypocrisy.

God, we got such wonderful choices next year

« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 05:45:52 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 05:49:40 pm »
johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

Team Desantis thinks posting memes is comparable to airing ads with realistic AI photos meant to deceive viewers

These people are trash

12:38 PM · Jun 8, 2023

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 05:57:04 pm »
Lots of testicles it takes to whine about a fake picture of Donald Trump when this was the same guy who early on  took a picture of a young Ron DeSantis and, even a poster here, such as our own RIV,

If you don't like the photo, take it up with the NY Times ---- they published the story years ago and published the photo as part of it.  :shrug:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 05:59:35 pm »
Running on, running on empty
Running on, running blind
Running on, running into the sun
But I'm running behind
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 06:01:28 pm »
Lots of testicles it takes to whine about a fake picture of Donald Trump when this was the same guy who early on  took a picture of a young Ron DeSantis and, even a poster here, such as our own RIV, demanded of others if buying  alcohol for underage teenage girls was a new conservative value

Trump himself even put out the idea that he could’ve been possibly grooming these girls

And no, I do not like fake pictures being used against an opponent or a picture without any context. But to watch the MAGA force cry about this is the height of hypocrisy.

God, we got such wonderful choices next year

Pretty much so.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2023, 06:02:23 pm »
If you don't like the photo, take it up with the NY Times ---- they published the story years ago and published the photo as part of it.  :shrug:

I’m not talking about that and you know that

I’m talking about your hypocrisy of you coming online here with a photo that had no context,
 and demanding of others if buying alcohol for underage girls is the “new conservative value”

I can easily provide the thread if you need a reminder

Now you’re having a meltdown over a fake picture of Donald Trump. Even if the picture is real, so what? A picture doesn’t always tell a story.

Two Trump hypocrites exposed in one day… Damn I’m good
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 06:04:52 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2023, 06:02:53 pm »
IF indeed this is true, it was a very bad move on DeSantis' part.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2023, 06:03:09 pm »
I’m not talking about that and you know that

I’m talking about your hypocrisy of you coming online here and demanding other posters answer for a photo that had no context, and asking posters 
 if buying alcohol for underage girls is the “new conservative value”

I can easily provide the thread if you need a reminder

Now you’re having a meltdown over a fake picture of Donald Trump. Even if the picture is real, so what? A picture doesn’t always tell a story.

Two Trump hypocrites exposed in one day… Damn I’m good

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2023, 06:06:11 pm »
IF indeed this is true, it was a very bad move on DeSantis' part.

It’s stupid and it’s childish. We have a whole host of problems facing this country and if that’s all these two can do then maybe neither one of them should go to the White House.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2023, 06:10:58 pm »
It’s stupid and it’s childish. We have a whole host of problems facing this country and if that’s all these two can do then maybe neither one of them should go to the White House.

Ron should have just published his own super hero limited edition collector card series. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2023, 06:12:16 pm »

Agreed.  I hope that he and his team will swear off that sort of stupidity in the future.  Has anyone communicated as much with the campaign?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2023, 06:14:15 pm »

I agree.  This back and forth crappola is a waste of time when the focus should be on how to oust the Dems from the WH, the economy, making us energy independent again, Russia, China, N. Korea, etc.., etc.

If DeSantis is going to resort to the same childish mudslinging as Trump, he will quickly lose my vote. 

Scott, Haley, Christie, Pence, Hutchison will all benefit.   

Both Trump and DeSantis need to stop because the establishment will make a push for Pence.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2023, 06:17:28 pm »
I’m not talking about that and you know that.  I'm talking about your.....

I know you're talking about me, but I am not the topic of this thread.  @LMAO  If you have nothing to add to the topic, why not just take your marbles and move to another thread?

@mystery-ak

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2023, 06:19:24 pm »
I know you're talking about me, but I am not the topic of this thread.  @LMAO  If you have nothing to add to the topic, why not just take your marbles and move to another thread?

@mystery-ak

Lol

Your hypocrisy got exposed, and now you’re lashing out as expected. And now I see you pinging the owner of this site to try to bail you out

The subject of this thread is a fake picture. You started this thread as a form of outrage. I simply exposed your past posting history on a similar type of tactic being used and you don’t like it. Instead, you are now trying to change the subject and blame the New York Times… Lol.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2023, 06:25:07 pm »
I agree.  This back and forth crappola is a waste of time when the focus should be on how to oust the Dems from the WH, the economy, making us energy independent again, Russia, China, N. Korea, etc.., etc.

If DeSantis is going to resort to the same childish mudslinging as Trump, he will quickly lose my vote. 

Scott, Haley, Christie, Pence, Hutchison will all benefit.   

Both Trump and DeSantis need to stop because the establishment will make a push for Pence.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2023, 06:27:11 pm »
So far, I have seen condemnation for this by even the most dedicated of Ron DeSantis supporters

This is the kind of behavior Trump does  that make it hard to take him seriously. Ron DeSantis would not be immune from that.

They both are becoming similar to teenage girls fighting over the cute boy
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 06:50:40 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2023, 07:13:14 pm »
Agreed.  I hope that he and his team will swear off that sort of stupidity in the future.  Has anyone communicated as much with the campaign?

And it has to be without a “he started
it” tone

Even if the picture was real, is there anybody out there who says “I was behind Donald Trump until I saw this picture?” No.

And anyone who says they were leaning DeSantis until this fake picture is not being honest

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2023, 07:29:26 pm »
And it has to be without a “he started
it” tone

Even if the picture was real, is there anybody out there who says “I was behind Donald Trump until I saw this picture?” No.

And anyone who says they were leaning DeSantis until this fake picture is not being honest

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2023, 07:32:26 pm »
At least this shows me he is a real Republican. Willing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2023, 08:16:40 pm »
@LMAO   Well, that should seal the deal there on the hypocrisy front.

Lol

Well, if we don’t get the WH next year we’ll at least get some entertainment out of the 2024 GOP primary

Barry Goldwater