Author Topic: Migrants abandoned by smugglers found dead near Texas-Mexico border  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrants abandoned by smugglers found dead near Texas-Mexico border

Mexico looking for two additional victims in desert across the border from Del Rio, Texas

by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Aug 17, 2023 / 06:19 PM CDT

Updated: Aug 17, 2023 / 06:19 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Mexican authorities say they have found the bodies of two migrants who were part of a large group abandoned by smugglers in the desert across the border from Del Rio, Texas.

The bodies were found during a search initiated after U.S. Border and Customs Protection officials on Tuesday told Mexico they received reports of four possible fatalities. Mexico’s National Migration Institute (INM) on Thursday said it was looking for the two missing migrants reported as dead by their companions.

The group of 16 set off with the smugglers last week from two towns west of Monclova, Coahuila, but were abandoned on the way to the U.S. border, INM reported. Twelve members of the group managed to reach the Mexican border town of Acuña and were apprehended by U.S. authorities crossing the border. The detainees told CBP that four in their group died along the way and passed on the approximate location of the bodies.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/migrants-abandoned-by-smugglers-found-dead-near-texas-mexico-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson