Author Topic: DeSantis Makes 'Listless Vessels' Comment That Sends Team Trump Into Orbit  (Read 7190 times)

Online mountaineer

WHAT HE SAID: “If all we are is listless vessels that are just supposed to follow whatever happens to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning — that’s not going to be a durable movement.”

Chris Loesch 𝕏
@ChrisLoesch
This is the quote, he wasn’t calling Trump supporters a bad name. He’s describing the very real scenario and it’s a Naval term. For people who call everyone else names the OnlyTrump crowd gets really touchy when they don’t understand and aren’t even called a name. He’s right.
1:48 AM · Aug 20, 2023

Jennifer Greenberg
@JennMGreenberg
I don’t even know Naval terms and it makes sense to me. Listless vessels … like boats without a paddle. It’s an analogy not a pejorative
3:12 AM · Aug 20, 2023

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis is a REAL Conservative you ought to give him a chance @Right_in_Virginia   44444heart

One should not expect rational thought from a cult member.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Vivek Ramaswamy
@VivekGRamaswamy

The real danger to our movement is the rise of “listless-vessel” robot politicians who blindly follow the commands of their Super PACs.

8:46 AM · Aug 20, 2023

From the campaign spokeswoman ------

Offline Kamaji

Like I said ...

Online Hoodat

Vivek Ramaswamy
@VivekGRamaswamy

The real danger to our movement is the rise of “listless-vessel” robot politicians who blindly follow the commands of their Super PACs.

The very same donors who were funding Donald Trump four years ago. But then you knew that already.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

For people who call everyone else names the OnlyTrump crowd gets really touchy when they don’t understand and aren’t even called a name. He’s right.

Snowflakes.

A trait they share with young people on college campuses.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 01:51:26 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

Just like Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Just like Democrats.

Trump is a life-long democrat, and leopards generally don't lose their spots, so the Trump cult members will inevitably act like democrats.

Online corbe

He should have dumbed it down as to not upset the Trumpers.  "Vessels without sail or rudder".
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

He should have dumbed it down as to not upset the Trumpers.  "Vessels without sail or rudder".

Boats afloat?

Boats adrift?

Chris Loesch 𝕏
@ChrisLoesch
This is the quote, he wasn’t calling Trump supporters a bad name ....

It sure wasn't a compliment @mountaineer ..... Unless Ronny really likes Joe Biden:  (Video)

https://twitter.com/TAftermath2020/status/1693030765255164274

Online corbe

It's not 60% by any stretch of the imagination, more like 20% and dwindling of Hard Core Trumpers.  @Right_in_Virginia
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If DeSantis wins the primary he sure did a good job of getting the MAGA vote here.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online corbe

MAGA's were always overestimated among Briefers here especially after 2018.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
One should not expect rational thought from a cult member.

@Kamaji

Oh,the irony here is thick enough  to cut with a chainsaw.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
  MAGA's were always overestimated among Briefers here especially after 2018.

I should amend  my post @corbe . The here I meant was this Desantis statement and not here on the forum.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
DeSantis is 100% correct in what he said.  And despite how the usual suspects would like to characterize this as him labelling all Trump supporters, that's not what he did.

There are people who support Donald Trump who nevertheless will disagree with him on specific issues, and are willing to state so publicly.  There are some of those folks here.

But there are other Trump supporters who accept and agree with everything he says, not because that has always been their position, but simply because that's Trump's position.  To the extent that describes someone, a "listless vessel" is a perfectly apt descriptor, though "mindless drones" or "adoring fanatics" (my personal preference) would be apt descriptors as well.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 04:50:10 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
WHAT HE SAID: “If all we are is listless vessels that are just supposed to follow whatever happens to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning — that’s not going to be a durable movement.”

Chris Loesch 𝕏
@ChrisLoesch
This is the quote, he wasn’t calling Trump supporters a bad name. He’s describing the very real scenario and it’s a Naval term. For people who call everyone else names the OnlyTrump crowd gets really touchy when they don’t understand and aren’t even called a name. He’s right.

Jennifer Greenberg
@JennMGreenberg
I don’t even know Naval terms and it makes sense to me. Listless vessels … like boats without a paddle. It’s an analogy not a pejorative
3:12 AM · Aug 20, 2023

It's both an analogy and a pejorative. A listless vessel pretty clearly is not a good thing.

Online Hoodat

@Kamaji

Oh,the irony here is thick enough  to cut with a chainsaw.

How so?  It sounds spot on accurate to me.  How else to explain supporting Big Government policies, reckless spending, Swamp backing Trump while pending to back Conservative ideals?  It isn't rational.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

One of US will be terribly disappointed in January 24.  I hope it's you @Right_in_Virginia Cause this Country (or this Forum) cannot afford another 4 more years of you being ecstatic.

Yall did the same $hit to Cruz in 16.  DeSantis has been watching those Tapes and he's not as dumb as you think he is.

YUP.

Online roamer_1

@Right_in_Virginia has made no secret of her outright contempt of Conservatives.  The fact that DeSantis is a Conservative only makes her hate him more.

That's right.

Online Hoodat

It's both an analogy and a pejorative. A listless vessel pretty clearly is not a good thing.

A ship without a rudder.  Aimless, on Swamp autopilot, blaming everyone else when the ship does not reach its destination.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

Vivek Ramaswamy
@VivekGRamaswamy

8:46 AM · Aug 20, 2023

This guy is nothing but a stalking horse for the orange felon.  The RNC needs to remove some of these ass kissers and let them have a VP debate.  If DeSantis is going to defend Trump he can be included in that list.