Author Topic: DeSantis Makes 'Listless Vessels' Comment That Sends Team Trump Into Orbit  (Read 7191 times)

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis Makes 'Listless Vessels' Comment That Sends Team Trump Into Orbit

By Bonchie
August 19, 2023

Team Trump is currently on the warpath, attacking Ron DeSantis by claiming he had a "basket of deplorables" moment on Saturday when he made a comment about "listless vessels."

The context here matters, so here's exactly what DeSantis said that is now being cited.

https://twitter.com/MarinaMedvin/status/1692919862878699829

DESANTIS: Ultimately, a movement can't be about the personality of one individual. The movement has got to be about what are you trying to achieve on behalf of the American people, and that has to be based in principle, because if that's not rooted in principle, if all we are is listless vessels that are just supposed to follow whatever happens to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning, that’s not going to be a durable movement

The above commentary started when DeSantis was asked about being labeled a RINO. He explained that there are some who view Republicanism as simply a measure of support for Donald Trump. He cited Chip Roy and Thomas Massie, both diehard conservatives with sparkling records, being called RINOs as an example. His comment about the movement, transcribed above, was what he views as the counter to that mentality.

Trump's team then put out a press release claiming that DeSantis was "attacking" Trump supporters, demanding he apologize immediately.

Perhaps they watched a different video than the one I posted above? Because at no point did DeSantis even mention "Trump supporters." Instead, he first called out those who call conservatives like Chip Roy a RINO, which would include some, but not nearly all Trump supporters. He then shifted gears to the "listless vessels" comment, but importantly, he said "we" in describing who those people are.

So unless DeSantis counts himself as a Trump supporter, which I doubt, it seems clear he was talking about the broader conservative movement. Given that, is it really offensive to suggest that the conservative movement shouldn't be dictated by the whims of one personality? Or that we should be undergirded by policies we are pursuing for the American people?

Source:  https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/08/19/desantis-makes-listless-vessels-comment-that-sends-team-trump-into-orbit-n2162823

Offline libertybele

Team Trump currently on a warpath against DeSantis.  I'm shocked! *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Ron, Ron, Ron...If it takes an interpreter to tell us what you are really saying, well... **nononono*
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Florida Governor Ron DeSantis seems to have a new strategy to get elected President -- go after Trump supporters.". (Video)

https://twitter.com/MAGAIncWarRoom/status/1693053634760577308

« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 01:42:34 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Hey, Deplorables!  DeSanctimonius thinks we're just like Biden -----

https://twitter.com/TAftermath2020/status/1693030765255164274

« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 01:58:13 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 02:14:14 am by Right_in_Virginia »

"You can't focus on just one man....unless you really really need him" - @RonDeSantis" (Video)

https://twitter.com/miguelifornia/status/1693056248860598364

Online corbe

One of US will be terribly disappointed in January 24.  I hope it's you @Right_in_Virginia Cause this Country (or this Forum) cannot afford another 4 more years of you being ecstatic.

Yall did the same $hit to Cruz in 16.  DeSantis has been watching those Tapes and he's not as dumb as you think he is.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Yall did the same $hit to Cruz in 16.

DeSantis has chosen to do this to himself  @corbe

« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 02:35:23 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online corbe

I get how you have convinced yourself of that @Right_in_Virginia and I'm OK with that.

I will continue to push DeSantis here, or any Conservative that bubbles up in the Primary. 

Filmed a few blocks from me.

Ray Wylie Hubbard - Desperate Man ft. The Band Of Heathens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l_kj9WPcK8

When you don't vote for the GOP nominee in 2024, like I didn't in 12, 16 and 20 can I call you an azzhole?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

I will continue to push DeSantis here

I expect no less of you.  :shrug:

Online corbe

DeSantis is a REAL Conservative you ought to give him a chance @Right_in_Virginia   44444heart

Stop trying to change the topic of this thread @corbe   I understand your panic is pushing you to do so, but please resist it.

"Florida Governor Ron DeSantis seems to have a new strategy to get elected President -- go after Trump supporters.". (Video)

https://twitter.com/MAGAIncWarRoom/status/1693053634760577308

Online corbe

Stop trying to change the topic of this thread @corbe   I understand your panic is pushing you to do so, but please resist it.

Even though I'm Male and can get pregnant I don't ever want to have DeSantis's baby, so there's that.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 03:27:03 am by corbe »

Offline DB

I agree with him. He's right - literally.

Online corbe

Of course, he's right.  Trumpers will never vote for him, just as they shunned Cruz in Texas, and he knows that. 

He's got to get his $hit together and sooner rather than later. 

After the first debate Conservative Congressman (Not Loony Laura or MTG) and US Senators will be on board the DeSantis Train. 

DeSantis will pardon him just like Gerald Ford did for Nixon~Just move On.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Flashback.... When Cruz pointed out Trump's New York Values video in which Trump defended abortion and homosexuals making a mockery of the institution of marriage. Not to mention Trump having no problem with gays in the military.

What did the so-called right wing media do (including Fox in the debate they hosted), they carried the weight of Trump's defense... which was to blame Cruz of attacking New York citizens.

Trump's team then put out a press release claiming that DeSantis was "attacking" Trump supporters, demanding he apologize immediately.

Most of us here at TBR see through this for what it is... Some People/News Sites will carry water no matter how tainted to make sure the marbles line up best for their candidate, truth be damned.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

DeSantis is a REAL Conservative you ought to give him a chance @Right_in_Virginia   44444heart

@Right_in_Virginia has made no secret of her outright contempt of Conservatives.  The fact that DeSantis is a Conservative only makes her hate him more.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

I agree with him. He's right - literally.

Hard to reconcile supporting Trump with supporting Conservatives.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ron, Ron, Ron...If it takes an interpreter to tell us what you are really saying, well... **nononono*
I guess I should add interpreter to my resume because what he said was clear to me :shrug: