Author Topic: WW II Vet Earl Angel Celebrates 100 Years With His Love of 80 Years  (Read 301 times)

Offline Kamaji

Feel-Good Friday: WW II Vet Earl Angel Celebrates 100 Years With His Love of 80 Years

By Jennifer Oliver O'Connell
August 19, 2023

According to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, about 122,000 World War II Veterans are still alive. The majority are in their 90s or older, and over 200 pass away every day. But one of them is still alive and celebrating his 100th birthday with panache. Earl Angel was born in August of 1923 and served in the Army as a paratrooper in the 11th Airborne. Mr. Angel is highly honored and decorated, enshrined in several monuments commemorating the WW II war heroes in Washington, D.C., and in museums in New Orleans and New York.

Mr. Angel is also a Purple Heart recipient. In fact, for his 96th birthday, he danced to "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" to raise money for the Military Order of the Purple Heart. While this video is fun and whimsical, Mr. Angel's war experience that made him a recipient of the medal was not.

“You know, I was shot in the head. You can’t believe that, can you?” he said. “I got shot right in the head, right through my eyebrow. You would never know it today? I had 32 stitches right there, and I laid in the foxhole for three days before they took me to the hospital.”

But Mr. Angel's love story with his wife of 80 years trumps even this. He lovingly described how he met Alice, his wife. Both were teenagers enjoying time together in the town square shortly before the war broke out.

Earl described the conversation Alice had with a friend before they met.

Source:  https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2023/08/19/feel-good-friday-ww-ii-vet-earl-angel-celebrates-100-years-with-his-love-of-80-years-n2162797

Offline libertybele

Re: WW II Vet Earl Angel Celebrates 100 Years With His Love of 80 Years
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 08:37:36 pm »
I love the fact that he is still able to dance.  God Bless Him and I thank him for his service.  :patriot:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8of3uhG1tCI
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 08:40:27 pm by libertybele »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: WW II Vet Earl Angel Celebrates 100 Years With His Love of 80 Years
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 03:52:18 am »
 :patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis