Author Topic: US-Mexico Border Arrests Up by 30 Percent in July From June  (Read 205 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US-Mexico Border Arrests Up by 30 Percent in July From June
« on: August 19, 2023, 07:12:49 pm »
US-Mexico Border Arrests Up by 30 Percent in July From June

By Mimi Nguyen Ly
August 19, 2023
Border Security

Migrants cross the Rio Grande into the United States in Eagle Pass, Texas as seen from Piedras Negras, Coahuila state, Mexico, on Aug. 4, 2023. (Guillermo Arias/AFP via Getty Images)
The number of times the U.S. Border Patrol arrested people illegally crossing the U.S.–Mexico border increased by 33.3 percent from June to July, according to government data Friday.

It marks a reversal from when the number of illegal encounters fell from May to June.

According to data from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), there were 132,652 arrests in July for illegally crossing the U.S. border from Mexico between official ports of entry along the southwest border. This marks a surge from June’s figure of 99,539.

The CBP noted that while encounters increased from June to July, July’s figure is still a 27 percent decrease from July 2022 when the Title 42 public health order was in effect.

https://www.ntd.com/us-mexico-border-arrests-up-by-30-percent-in-july-from-june_937309.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson