Author Topic: Migrant Deaths, the Media, and the Anti-Border Agenda  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrant Deaths, the Media, and the Anti-Border Agenda
« on: August 19, 2023, 06:53:35 pm »
Migrant Deaths, the Media, and the Anti-Border Agenda

By Jon Feere on August 18, 2023

Whenever an illegal alien tragically dies along the U.S. border or while in detention, anti-border activists try to persuade gullible media outlets to promote their anti-law enforcement agenda. The predictable narrative is that the U.S. government treats foreign nationals poorly and the American people are responsible for any and all deaths, no matter the circumstances. The goal is to discredit immigration enforcement, the rule of law, and the nation’s sovereignty. Unfortunately, news outlets all too often go right along with the narrative, either not realizing they’re being used, or because they share the views of the anti-border groups.

Enter CBS News, which ran a number of headlines — both online and during television morning news and evening news segments — about the unfortunate death of an eight-year-old girl in May of this year. Words and phrases used in the CBS reporting to describe the situation included: “shocking lack of care”, “negligence”, “they killed my daughter”, “growing and damning evidence”, “neglect and discrimination”, a quote from an anti-border activist who claimed that the government saw the girl’s life as one that was not “worth saving”, and an unchallenged claim by the adults who brought her here that they were “discriminated the whole time” and their medical requests went ignored “because they are black”.

In her video report, CBS reporter Lilia Luciano says “If they had called the ambulance sooner, you know your daughter would be here.” She explained that the parents, “told me that despite feeling so helpless and humiliated then, they get the strength to keep fighting just thinking about any other parent having to go through what they have been going through”.

https://cis.org/Feere/Migrant-Deaths-Media-and-AntiBorder-Agenda
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson