Author Topic: Hochul must side firmly with Adams on migrants or the storm will overwhelm her, too  (Read 208 times)

Online Kamaji

Kathy Hochul must side firmly with Eric Adams on migrants or the storm will overwhelm her, too

By NY Post Editorial Board   
August 18, 2023

For all their very different styles and the inevitable institutional conflicts, Gov. Kathy Hochul and Mayor Eric Adams are natural allies against the crazy progressives.

The first half of that sentence was glaring in this week’s tense exchange of letters between their offices, but the second half is lurking in the background.

City Hall sent the state the first missive, outlining Gotham’s dire needs in the migrant crisis and pushing for the state, “in the absence of meaningful federal funding,” to cover two-thirds of the cost of sheltering the newcomers.

Back came a letter (seemingly leaked in advance to The New York Times, which made it look like a political attack) harshly slapping down the mayor’s ask.

Signed by an outside lawyer, it sniffed that Adams has failed to jump on state offers of space for all of 3,000 beds (the city’s now sheltering nearly 60,000 illegal migrants plus almost as many “native” homeless), hit him for being slow to help the new arrivals get permission-to-work paperwork started and more — pointedly claiming that Albany’s already giving $1.5 billion worth of help.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/18/gov-hochul-must-side-firmly-with-eric-adams-on-nyc-migrants/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Here is to them both being totally buried with their BS.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley