Author Topic: Widow of slain NYPD cop pleads for parole board not to release two-time killer again  (Read 187 times)

Offline Kamaji

Widow of slain NYPD cop pleads for parole board not to release two-time killer again: ‘I beg you’

By Georgett Roberts,
Tina Moore and
Natalie O'Neill   
August 18, 2023

The tearful widow of an NYPD cop gunned down by a two-time killer while he was out on parole decades ago pleaded with a state board Friday not to release the career criminal again.

“I beg you not to disrespect my hero husband’s legacy,” Mary Beth O’Neill, wife of slain Bronx officer Thomas Ruotolo, told the parole board. “I beg you to keep this city safe by refusing to let George Agosto continue his life of crime.”

Ruotolo was gunned down by Agosto — who was out on parole for manslaughter — at a Bronx gas station in February 1984.

After serving nearly 40 years behind bars, he’s now up for parole again, which O’Neill called heartbreaking and outrageous.

“He shot and killed my husband while on parole, and he wants to be paroled again?” she told the board, according to a police union press release.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/18/slain-nypd-cop-thomas-ruotolos-widow-fights-release-of-killer/