Author Topic: Maui Residents to Joe Biden: 'We Don’t Want You Here'  (Read 1765 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Maui Residents to Joe Biden: 'We Don’t Want You Here'
« on: August 19, 2023, 01:59:08 pm »
Maui Residents to Joe Biden: 'We Don’t Want You Here'
Sarah Arnold

President Joe Biden's absence and lack of empathy towards the residents of Maui is a clear indicator he couldn't care less for Americans in need.

During a CNN interview, a longtime Maui resident got emotional when asked why Biden is taking so long to visit the devastated area and those affected by the wildfires.

"It's really affecting me because where's the President?" Maui resident Ella Sable Tacderan asked. "I mean, aren't we Americans, too? We're part of the United States. Why are we getting put in the back pocket? Why are we being ignored?"

Biden has yet to visit the Hawaiian island, drawing criticism as the death toll rises.

Earlier this week, a reporter asked the president if he had any comment on the situation, to which he replied saying he had "no comment."

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2023/08/19/maui-residents-to-joe-biden-we-dont-want-you-here-n2627252
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Maui Residents to Joe Biden: 'We Don’t Want You Here'
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 02:16:15 pm »
OMFG, this could be an opening for GOP candidates in Hawaii.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 03:45:19 pm »
OMFG, this could be an opening for GOP candidates in Hawaii.
Then the taking advantage of tragedies(especially ones they're responsible for) would accuse republicans of taking advantage of a tragedy. Anyway the GOP is to spineless.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2023, 08:44:09 pm »
RINO grunts:
"this could be an opening for GOP candidates in Hawaii."

Forget it.
Not happening.

On the one hand, you've got the white population living there, mostly liberal/leftist. Same as trying to get Massachusetts or Oregonian leftists to change their stripes. Good luck.

On the other hand, you've got the native Hawaiians, who dislike whites (that may be putting it mildly) and want independence from the USA. Think they want to be Republicans?

There may be some actual registered Republicans in Hawaii.
But I sense that their numbers are relatively few.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023, 06:24:46 am »
Just sit back and let it hurt Biden.

If you think about the disruptive effect of a presidential visit, imposed on an incredible tragedy (at the very least) while people are still trying to find/identify bodies, and still in shock from the destruction, having him there isn't going to help out the situation on the ground, and his offer of $700 to the survivors is an insult. Having him stumbling around the place won't improve anything.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023, 05:14:54 pm »
They're probably afraid he'll levy a new tax on Maui for burning the island without a permit! :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2023, 05:20:51 pm »
RINO grunts:
"this could be an opening for GOP candidates in Hawaii."

Forget it.
Not happening.

On the one hand, you've got the white population living there, mostly liberal/leftist. Same as trying to get Massachusetts or Oregonian leftists to change their stripes. Good luck.

On the other hand, you've got the native Hawaiians, who dislike whites (that may be putting it mildly) and want independence from the USA. Think they want to be Republicans?

There may be some actual registered Republicans in Hawaii.
But I sense that their numbers are relatively few.

My Brother was one of the half dozen or so Republicans living in Oahu.  He retired to South Carolina.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2023, 05:40:47 pm »
My Brother was one of the half dozen or so Republicans living in Oahu.  He retired to South Carolina.

I think - at least folks I know who live there tell me - that most of Hawaii already votes Republican but Honolulu out votes them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2023, 05:43:13 pm »
I think - at least folks I know who live there tell me - that most of Hawaii already votes Republican but Honolulu out votes them.

The usual "big city" problem.  Oahu is a bit, giant suburb of Honolulu.  Everywhere that is not an Incorporated City is considered part of Honolulu, the city.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2023, 05:47:54 pm »

So now we're down to five?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2023, 05:54:06 pm »
So now we're down to five?

Yep!  If phone booths still existed, the GOP can hold a meeting in one.

As @Bigun said above, people on the other Islands are not pleased with their representation.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2023, 06:06:29 pm »
Yep!  If phone booths still existed, the GOP can hold a meeting in one.

As @Bigun said above, people on the other Islands are not pleased with their representation.

Hilo should be running the show.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2023, 06:56:34 pm »
Hilo should be running the show.

The Big Island would be wiser, but then so would Blythe, CA.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2023, 07:11:50 pm »
I feel for those in Maui -- so if Brandon can't show up, wouldn't it be appropriate for the VP to be making a visit?  I too would like to know why they are being ignored and what is doing to help these people?  What's is the governor doing???  The area has been obviously devastated and the death toll is rising.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2023, 07:34:28 pm »
I feel for those in Maui -- so if Brandon can't show up, wouldn't it be appropriate for the VP to be making a visit?  I too would like to know why they are being ignored and what is doing to help these people?  What's is the governor doing???  The area has been obviously devastated and the death toll is rising.
Maybe they can send J F'n Kerry to blame the victims for the disaster because of climate change.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2023, 08:30:12 pm »
KAMALA VISITS MAUI
How Did Liz Cheney Become The Sympathetic Gangster In This GOP Gangster ...
Kamala Harris: conheça o estilo da candidata a vice-presidente dos EUA
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2023, 01:37:58 am »
Biden essentially has been on vacation for the last three weeks:

July 28 - Aug 7  |  Rehoboth Beach, DE
Aug 8      |  Grand Canyon, AZ
Aug 9      |  New Mexico
Aug 10      |  Utah
Aug 11 - 14   |  Rehoboth Beach, DE
Aug 15 - 16   |  White House
Aug 17      |  Camp David
Aug 18 - 20   |  Lake Tahoe

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2023, 09:34:55 pm »
After multiple vacations and refusals to comment on the crisis, Biden takes no questions as he finally arrives for few hours in Maui

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1693737423577256223
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2023, 09:50:00 pm »
Maui residents are lining the road amid Biden's visit — with signs saying "he's too late," "he should've been here much earlier," and "actions speak louder than words."

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1693741134760349972

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2023, 09:52:03 pm »
Yet another point for Brandon!  Liberal mental midgets needs to wake up.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2023, 10:07:52 pm »
The drive-by president.

Washington Examiner
@dcexaminer
The Bidens take a break from their vacation in Lake Tahoe to tour the devastation in Maui. According to the White House, after a brief stop in Hawaii, the Bidens will return to Lake Tahoe where they will spend the week on vacation, again.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2023, 10:30:30 pm »
The drive-by president.

Washington Examiner
@dcexaminer
The Bidens take a break from their vacation in Lake Tahoe to tour the devastation in Maui. According to the White House, after a brief stop in Hawaii, the Bidens will return to Lake Tahoe where they will spend the week on vacation, again.

Remember how badly W was panned by the sleazy MSM over his Katrina response?

Where's the same MSM outrage now?  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2023, 01:32:57 am »

Angry Maui residents slam Biden, hold ‘no comment’ signs during president’s fire tour
By Steven Nelson and
Jack Morphet   
August 21, 2023 3:02pm

LAHAINA, Hawaii — President Biden was greeted with middle fingers, chants of protest and signs that said “no comment” Monday as he arrived in Maui to tour wildfire damage after repeatedly declining to comment last week on the tragedy that killed at least 114 people.

A group of several dozen residents of scorched western Maui heckled Biden’s motorcade shortly after noon local time as it left tiny Kapalua Airport en route to the hardest hit areas of historic Lahaina, which was destroyed on Aug. 8.

“Go home Joe!” the locals chanted as Biden passed by — moments before the president read a scripted speech touting the federal response, despite criticism from residents who say not enough help has been offered.

The 80-year-old commander in chief has taken intense criticism, including from fellow Democrats, for appearing aloof following the deadliest US wildfires in more than a century.

As he drove toward downtown Lahaina, Biden passed signs that said “NO COMMENT,” “ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS” and “FJB,” as well as at least two flags promoting the 2024 candidacy of former President Donald Trump.

“Where has the president been?“ asked Dennis Mullen, 58, of nearby Kahana, who said that the airport hosting the presidential jet hasn’t been used much to deliver needed supplies.

“Any number of military aircraft, planes and helicopters could have flown in here. To leave a town that was just devastated shut down was just ridiculous. The runway wasn’t cratered,” Mullen told The Post.

“On the west side of Maui, where neighborhoods had burned down, there was desperate need and no one came to help.”

The staggering Maui death toll followed a series of apparent missteps by officials, who didn’t sound emergency alarms or approve the release of water in time to battle the flames.

The dead include children, among them a 7-year-old boy who burned to death with his family inside a car. Most victims have not yet been identified and 850 people remain missing.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/08/21/biden-takes-break-from-vacation-to-tour-hawaii-fire-damage/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline American Girl

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2023, 11:56:37 am »
I wonder if this will be a red pill moment for Hawaii.
Looks like his funeral procession…
This music perfectly embodies the Hawaiian spirit right now

https://www.rightjournalism.com/81-million-votes-if-youre-wondering-why-there-was-no-video-of-bidens-motorcade-in-hawaii-this-video-will-show-you-why/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2023, 12:02:29 pm »
I didn't see much fanfare from his visit last night reading around the web.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley