Author Topic: Ryan Crouser finds blood clots in leg, says safe to compete (shot put) at worlds  (Read 403 times)

Online mountaineer

The world athletics (track and field) championship is underway in Budapest, Hungary. Here's a little news. First, the USA's top shot putter, two-time Olympic gold medalist and world champion Ryan Crouser, 30, is being treated for blood clots
Ryan Crouser finds blood clots in leg, says safe to compete at worlds
Olympic Talk/NBC Sports
Aug. 19, 2023

Ryan Crouser plans to defend his shot put world title despite recently finding two blood clots in his leg.

“The last 20 days have been some of the most frustrating and stressful of my life,” Crouser, a two-time Olympic gold medalist and world record holder, posted on social media Friday. “The medical team has been great, they explained the risks and did everything to mitigate them and left the decision to go to WC to me and my family. I made it to Budapest and will be competing.

“The medical staff has me on anticoagulant/blood thinners so that it is safe to compete and minimize the risk of it worsening.”  ...
The t&f nerds at the Let's Run.com online forum point out that not only has he been Covid vaxxed, he may have taken steroids. Competitors are tested for PEDs like steroids. It's my understanding they were required to be vaccinated. Or, of course, it may be due to something else.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org