Author Topic: Former US attorney general says Trump ‘should serve time’ if convicted  (Read 385 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Former US attorney general says Trump ‘should serve time’ if convicted
by Miranda Nazzaro - 08/18/23 4:17 PM ET

Former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales on Friday said former President Trump “should serve time” if he is convicted on federal charges related to his efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

“If in fact he’s convicted of the crimes charged by Jack Smith and the Department of Justice …yeah, I think he should serve time, quite frankly,” Gonzales, who served in former President George W. Bush’s administration, said in an interview with former White House press secretary and MSBNC host Jen Psaki.

“There are people that on Jan. 6, went to the Capitol — maybe not at the clear direction of [former] President Trump — but certainly, he did nothing to stop what happened that day,” Gonzales continued.

Gonzales said he thinks it would be “fair” for Trump to go to prison if he is successfully prosecuted by special counsel Jack Smith, while noting “we’re a long way from there.”

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4159139-former-us-attorney-general-says-trump-should-serve-time-if-convicted/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Gonzales, who served in former President George W. Bush’s administration, said in an interview with former White House press secretary and MSBNC host Jen Psaki.

Well I think that says all you need to know about Mr. Gonzalez. Really I must say I'm surprised Bush hasn't weighed in to condemn Trump.