Author Topic: Viral singing sensation Oliver Anthony just took to Facebook to reveal who he really is…  (Read 861 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://revolver.news/2023/08/viral-singing-sensation-oliver-anthony-just-took-to-facebook-to-reveal-who-he-really-is/

Viral singing sensation Oliver Anthony just took to Facebook to reveal who he really is…
August 18, 2023

Oliver Anthony is the name we know him by. He’s the viral music sensation from Virginia who wrote the overnight hit “Rich Men North of Richmond,” a song that’s struck a chord with the American working man and become an anthem against Washington, D.C. political elites.

By all accounts, Mr. Anthony seems to be a patriotic, Christian young man leading a simple life filled with hard work and faith. He’s transitioned from factory work to outside sales and clearly has a passion and talent for music. Yet, beyond these facts, we don’t know much about Mr. Anthony. That is, until now.

The artist goes by “Oliver,” but that’s not his actual name. He recently took to Facebook to open up about his real identity. He’s shared how this unexpected fame has affected his life, both in thrilling and daunting ways. Oliver has also offered some candid insights into his faith, music, the opportunities coming his way, and his intentions for this sudden success. It’s a captivating tale with some truly unexpected twists and turns.

More at URL above...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 08:45:10 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline roamer_1

Rich Men North of Richmond - Oliver Anthony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqSA-SY5Hro

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Amazing how one person can make a difference to so many, without ever even intending to.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Amazing how one person can make a difference to so many, without ever even intending to.

Yep... And that's when it's best.  :beer:

Online Hoodat

G-d bless this man.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

G-d bless this man.

He turned down an $8m contract...

Offline Smokin Joe

He turned down an $8m contract...
He didn't want to become just another cog in the music machine.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The only people who don't get this song are the Liberal elites north of Richmond and their media lapdogs.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"He turned down an $8m contract..."

Actually, I think he should reconsider.

He must be getting some good $$$$ from the YouTube hits (assuming they "monetized" his channel).

Right now, he needs a good advisor for both the music industry issues and financial reasons. Perhaps another musician who's "been there".

He ought to be thinking about brushing up his playing, possibly assembling some backing musicians, some light touring and appearances.

He's got a hit -- hey, more than one hit (he's got 4 of the top 6 in the country charts, I believe) -- got to make something of that.

Jackson Browne wrote in "The Road":
Well it isn't for the money
And its only for a while
You stalk about the rooms
And you roll away the miles

Yes, it's "only for a while", and the money, too, may be fleeting (if one doesn't husband it carefully).

But... don't leave what's suddenly in front of you "on the table".
Pick it up and make the most of it while it lasts.

Offline roamer_1

"He turned down an $8m contract..."

Actually, I think he should reconsider.

He must be getting some good $$$$ from the YouTube hits (assuming they "monetized" his channel).

Right now, he needs a good advisor for both the music industry issues and financial reasons. Perhaps another musician who's "been there".

He ought to be thinking about brushing up his playing, possibly assembling some backing musicians, some light touring and appearances.

He's got a hit -- hey, more than one hit (he's got 4 of the top 6 in the country charts, I believe) -- got to make something of that.

Jackson Browne wrote in "The Road":
Well it isn't for the money
And its only for a while
You stalk about the rooms
And you roll away the miles

Yes, it's "only for a while", and the money, too, may be fleeting (if one doesn't husband it carefully).

But... don't leave what's suddenly in front of you "on the table".
Pick it up and make the most of it while it lasts.

:shrug:

Different strokes... I can't blame the man for not wanting to deal with the devil... I reckon he will find a way he likes, even if that is just walking off, back up the holler.

And if that is what he does, it only makes his singular message all the more powerful.

I say, easy does it... move slow, pay no mind to shiny things, and remember where you come from.

Far too many sell their soul at the crossroads.

Offline Smokin Joe

:shrug:

Different strokes... I can't blame the man for not wanting to deal with the devil... I reckon he will find a way he likes, even if that is just walking off, back up the holler.

And if that is what he does, it only makes his singular message all the more powerful.

I say, easy does it... move slow, pay no mind to shiny things, and remember where you come from.

Far too many sell their soul at the crossroads.
:amen:

Just walking away from an 8 million dollar deal hammers his message home, not being beholden to those Rich Men North of Richmond. The song resonates through the foundational strata of our society, no matter who you are.

Let him take his time, like he's walking through snake country (because he is), and may The Almighty guard and guide him every step of the way.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 05:20:13 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis