Poll

How long have you been on TBR?

From the Beginning ~ 2009
7 (17.5%)
2010~2014 (First of many purges from TOS)
7 (17.5%)
2015~2016 (Cruz Purge from TOS)
17 (42.5%)
2017~2020 (Shiny Happy People)
2 (5%)
2021~2023  (Newbie but we love ya)
2 (5%)
Where is here (Stoner Option)
5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: How long have you been on TBR?  (Read 13947 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: How long have you been on TBR?
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2023, 02:09:25 am »
I Noah guy.

That right there is a **groan**.  I love it.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2023, 08:21:37 pm »
I had to look at my Profile, but I wandered in in 2019. Where had I been before ...

Long, long ago, when 56K modems were still moderately cool ... I started with discussion sites in 1997 with Warships1.com (naval history) and Kaleidoscapes. com (homeschooling). Ignoring homeschooling sites and sites I was on briefly (TOS was one of the latter):

From late 1998 to early 2001, I was on Capitol Hill Blue Reader Rant. At the time it was conservative-libertarian, but well after I bailed it went crazy-Prog (almost as crazy as DU). CHB RR is either a cyber-ghost town or shut down. The owner, Doug, said a couple of times in late 2000 or early 2001 that he was going to shut down CHB RR, and after the second such time I bailed.

In 2001 I moved on to United Conservative (later Allied Conservatives), which only lasted a bit more than a year due to the owner falling off the wagon and getting erratic. UC/AC be bye-bye.

From there I spent some time at Gold Talk (now defunct), leaving because the loose moderation let a few trolls dominate.

I spent several years on The Annoyed Army (now defunct), leaving because the owner was too busy with family and life and was unable to maintain the site.

I spent several years on The Republican Operative (now defunct), which got pretty toxic. When a new owner changed to a totally different SW package that was almost as clunky RYO (like TOS'), I gave it a couple of months and left.

Since then I've bounced around among Conservative Cave, Conservative Underground (hacked to Valhalla several years ago), The Politics Forums, and here.

Class ... Class ... Wake up!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2023, 08:34:18 pm »
Lurked at TOS '98-'00, but joined during the attempted steal by Sore-Loserman in late '00.

Was zotted too during the Cruz purges in early 2016,  as a set of psycho(socio)  path Tumpy-toons hijacked Robinson's site.  Since then, I understand the stench lingers. Never will retrun.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 08:35:57 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2023, 08:54:30 pm »
I looked and I signed up in early 2017 although I lurked quite a while before.

Had to look again...but I signed up at TOS in 2006 so I must have left around 2016 when things quit being fun and interesting. Life is waaay too short.

Even though I was homeless for a while, I'm glad I stumbled in here. :laugh:

Online the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2023, 09:03:00 pm »
Hi, I just signed up about a month ago.  Already posting too much.

I still am on FR.  But I needed another place especially if they purge me.

Also, just plain annoying always having EverTrumpers carpet-bombing the news listings with polls about how great Trump is doing, or how horrible DeSantis is.

Never mind their constant 1-liner insults and threats of zotting to multiple posters who even stray 1 bit from Trump perfection beliefs.  It got so bad 1 thread after JR deleted a post, reprimanded the guy on the thread, and threatened him with zotting, that I started asking the few non-fans of any ideas.  1 of them sent me here.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 09:05:22 pm by the OlLine Rebel »
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online libertybele

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2023, 09:07:35 pm »

Also, just plain annoying always having EverTrumpers carpet-bombing the news listings with polls about how great Trump is doing, or how horrible DeSantis is.

Never mind their constant 1-liner insults and threats of zotting to multiple posters who even stray 1 bit from Trump perfection beliefs.  It got so bad 1 thread that I started asking the few non-fans of any ideas.  1 of them sent me here.

Well, we have EverTrumpers here doing the same things.

With the first debate just hours away, things are going to be real interesting.  I'll tune it just to see how things go .... I may not watch the whole debate.  I'm hoping they debate issues and stay away from petty mudslinging.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2023, 09:12:05 pm »

Never mind their constant 1-liner insults and threats of zotting to multiple posters who even stray 1 bit from Trump perfection beliefs.  It got so bad 1 thread after JR deleted a post, reprimanded the guy on the thread, and threatened him with zotting, that I started asking the few non-fans of any ideas.  1 of them sent me here.

The same carpet bombing happens here, as you have no doubt seen, but I will assure you, as one of the most vehement against Tumpy, your opposing opinion will not put you in jeopardy here. Admin here defends speech, without a doubt.

Online corbe

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2023, 09:47:05 pm »
The same carpet bombing happens here, as you have no doubt seen, but I will assure you, as one of the most vehement against Tumpy, your opposing opinion will not put you in jeopardy here. Admin here defends speech, without a doubt.

:thumbsup:

In my 12 years here the only ones I've seen BANNED were people that insulted other Briefers, even after continued warnings~NOT FOR SPEECH.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2023, 09:47:20 pm »

@the OlLine Rebel
No such thing as posting too much. There was a user on this site years ago who posted over 130 posts in a single day.

That is 6 posts per hour in a straight 24 hour day. In a more realistic 18 hour day, that is over 7 posts per hour. So, this guy was posting on average one post every 9 minutes for 18 hours straight with no breaks. Rest easy. You cannot possibly beat the record for "posting too much".
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 09:48:28 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2023, 09:49:19 pm »
   @TomSea ?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2023, 10:13:15 pm »
Well, we have EverTrumpers here doing the same things.

Oh no, nothing like FR.

I have several members I know are EverTrumpers who carpet-bomb us every day.  1 guy is averaging 6 threads a day.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2023, 10:19:45 pm »

:thumbsup:

In my 12 years here the only ones I've seen BANNED were people that insulted other Briefers, even after continued warnings~NOT FOR SPEECH.

That is true.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2023, 10:52:08 pm »

It's good to know we still have some friends at TOS.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2023, 10:53:39 pm »
Admin here defends speech, without a doubt.

That is correct!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2023, 10:56:16 pm »
That is true.

There was once a Briefer who refused to excerpt articles, and we had to nuke him.  Copyright issues.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2023, 11:11:52 pm »
There was once a Briefer who refused to excerpt articles, and we had to nuke him.  Copyright issues.

That's legit... and only after many warnings, if I am thinking of the same zottee...

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2023, 11:35:02 pm »
Registered May 15, 2009, 03:14:06 am

I think I was among the top 10 if memory serves me right. Seems like longer than 13 years in some respects, but also seems like yesterday.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2023, 11:52:42 pm »
I am grateful that TBR gives me the opportunity to exercise my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid.  Thank you.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2023, 12:42:39 am »
I am grateful that TBR gives me the opportunity to exercise my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid.  Thank you.

That was beautiful, man.

:laugh: :beer:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2023, 12:50:59 am »
But now I feel myself losing interest. I'll probably drift away from here too, but I doubt that I will look for another place to follow politics. There no longer seems to be a point, as the elections are manipulated and controlled, corruption is widespread in the government and business, and the culture itself is lost. I'm going to do my best to keep my head down and live out the few years I have left to my life, while I watch the country I love continue to die.  :shrug:
I probably have at least four, probably five more decades of this nonsense.

I always had a dream of living to see the American tricentennial, having missed the bicentennial by several years and seeing a few monuments to it in the town where I live. Now I'm not convinced we as an independent nation will make it that far.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2023, 12:53:16 am »
Class ... Class ... Wake up!
I gotta go to the can, man.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2023, 01:09:42 am »
Registered May 15, 2009, 03:14:06 am

I think I was among the top 10 if memory serves me right. Seems like longer than 13 years in some respects, but also seems like yesterday.

Number 11.... :tongue2:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2023, 01:38:07 am »
Cruz Purge got me, I think Pookie threw me a lifeline to come here, not sure, but may of already registered here but I remember the kind invite by Pookie. I averaged one post per day for years here, but have bumped that up recently to two posts per day.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2023, 02:57:56 am »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2023, 03:31:45 am »
My profile says that I registered in 2012, during the first waves of FR purges. I've survived both purges and hostile takeovers, both mostly driven by my stubborn determination to irritate others beyond comprehension, and having TBR available to catch a breath is much appreciated.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx