Author Topic: Ep. 17 Vivek Ramaswamy is the youngest Republican presidential candidate ever. He's worth listening  (Read 796 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Vivek announced his candidacy on Tucker's show a few months back, and many times before that appeared as a guest. Not sure whether that constitutes an endorsement (probably not), but Tucker does seem to like him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

IMHO, he lacks political seasoning to be President, but he'd make a great Cabinet official.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The more I hear him talk, the better I like him.
The politically seasoned have proven to be mostly worthless, if not a detriment to the Republic.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ironhorsedriver

Politically seasoned, how’s all those politically seasoned people we have now working out for you!

Offline mountaineer

I like some of what he says now, but not too long ago he was saying something different. This is why many see him as an opportunist and tool of Trump.

One example:
 Gabe Kaminsky
@gekaminsky
Republican 2024 White House hopeful @VivekGRamaswamy recently denied ever supporting a Bernie Sanders bill to use taxpayer dollars for free COVID-19 mask handouts — despite calling it "sensible" at the time in 2020.
Vivek Ramaswamy denies backing Bernie Sanders COVID mask bill he once touted as 'sensible'
by Gabe Kaminsky, Investigative Reporter
August 18, 2023 12:46 PM

Republican 2024 presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy recently alleged he never supported a Sen. Bernie Sanders-led COVID-19 proposal on masking despite praising it at the time as "sensible," records show.

In an Aug. 1 recorded spaces conversation on X, formerly known as Twitter, Ramaswamy said around the 20-minute mark, "No," when asked by commentator Josie Glabach if the wealthy businessman "ever supported 'Masks for All' legislation by Bernie Sanders." However, the claim falls in contrast to a tweet by the GOP White House hopeful in July 2020 in which he replied to ex-Obama official Andy Slavitt, who co-authored a CNN op-ed with the senator calling for "masks for every American."

"My policy views don't often align with Bernie, but this strikes me as a sensible idea," Ramaswamy said in 2020 in response to Slavitt, who would go on to become President Joe Biden's senior COVID-19 adviser, sharing the article on social media. "The cost is a tiny fraction of other less compelling federal expenditures on COVID-19."

"They should have picked someone from the political right as a co-author to show consensus," he added.

It's the latest example of Ramaswamy backtracking on prior claims on the presidential campaign trail ...
Washington Examiner
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 01:34:51 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Vivek is the Republican version of Barrack!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The fact that Carlson is pushing Ramaswamy at the same time as he is sabotaging the Republican debates by hosting an interview with the guy who refused to participate in them... tells me Trump is running Ramaswamy as his stalking horse.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

The fact that Carlson is pushing Ramaswamy at the same time as he is sabotaging the Republican debates by hosting an interview with the guy who refused to participate in them... tells me Trump is running Ramaswamy as his stalking horse.

Interesting take.

Offline mountaineer

... tells me Trump is running Ramaswamy as his stalking horse.
Many share your opinion.

Offline libertybele

Vivek is the Republican version of Barrack!

Yes indeed he is.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.