Author Topic: Speaking the Truth on Border, Fentanyl Crises is now ‘Extremist’  (Read 157 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Speaking the Truth on Border, Fentanyl Crises is now ‘Extremist’
Commentary
August 9, 2023

By Brian Lonergan

Given the stunning collapse of once-great metropolises like New York City and Chicago, it is hard to ignore the role that sanctuary policies and loose border enforcement have played in the decline. Crime is on the rise, shelters and hotels are beyond capacity with migrants, and city budgets cannot meet the increasing demand for social services. Even worse, more Americans than ever are dying from overdoses of illegal drugs that arrive here largely from our open southern border.

Rather than defend what is clearly indefensible, anti-borders activists have resorted to distraction by insulting the public’s intelligence and shameless gaslighting.

When Republicans in Congress held a hearing following the House homeland security committee’s report that criticized Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas for a “dereliction of duty” on border enforcement, Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS) dismissed the inquiry as a “political stunt.” 

After Florida Governor Ron DeSantis organized a meeting in Arizona of sheriffs from around the country to discuss the role of the border crisis in the nation’s drug overdose problem, Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ) derided the meeting as an attempt “to pander to the same old race-baiting anti-immigrant extremist politicians and officials in southern Arizona.”

https://irli.org/speaking-the-truth-on-border-fentanyl-crises-is-now-extremist/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson