Author Topic: Illegal Alien Cops = Lawbreakers with Guns  (Read 143 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal Alien Cops = Lawbreakers with Guns
« on: August 18, 2023, 01:52:28 pm »
Illegal Alien Cops = Lawbreakers with Guns
Commentary
August 8, 2023

By Tom Homan and Matt O’Brien

Illinois has just joined Colorado and California on the list of states that explicitly allow non-citizens to become police officers. Given the damage done to our immigration system by the Obama and Biden Administrations, that’s a disturbing development.

Pursuant to the Supreme Court’s holding in Foley v. Connelie, states are permitted – but not obligated – to exclude non-citizens from eligibility for positions in state and local law enforcement. According to the Court, “police officers fall within the category of ‘important non-elective officers who participate directly in the execution of broad public policy.”

And, given the broad discretion that police officers are permitted to exercise, “citizenship bears a rational relationship to the special demands of the particular position, and a State may therefore confine the performance of this important public responsibility to those who are citizens.”

https://irli.org/illegal-alien-cops-lawbreakers-with-guns/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson