Author Topic: NYC’s Migrant Crisis Could Cost More Than Trump’s Border Wall Estimates  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC’s Migrant Crisis Could Cost More Than Trump’s Border Wall Estimates
Jennie TaerAugust 11, 20230

New York City predicts it will spend $12 billion to house and support migrants through the summer of 2025, which is more than former President Donald Trump estimated it would cost to complete construction of a wall along the southern border, Democratic Mayor Eric Adams announced Wednesday.

Adams said during a video announcement that the city is predicted to spend $1.45 billion by the end of fiscal year 2022 and roughly $4.7 billion by the end of fiscal year 2024, which he said the city cannot sustain. In 2016, Trump projected it would cost the government $8 billion to build 1,000 miles of wall along the southern border.

“New Yorkers’ compassion may be limitless, but our resources are not,” Adams said during his announcement.

Trump’s border wall construction topped $11 billion as of 2020, according to NPR.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2023/08/nycs-migrant-crisis-could-cost-more-than-trumps-border-wall-estimates/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson