Author Topic: Trump: ‘People know my record…so why would I debate?’  (Read 1518 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: ‘People know my record…so why would I debate?’
« on: August 18, 2023, 01:45:13 pm »
by Nick Robertson - 08/18/23 8:13 AM ET

Former President Trump late Thursday added to speculation swirling around whether or not he would attend the Republican debates, which begin next week.

“Many people are asking whether or not I will be doing the DEBATES? ALL AMERICANS have been clamoring for a President of extremely High Intelligence. As everyone is aware, my Poll numbers, over a ‘wonderful’ field of Republican candidates, are extraordinary,” he said in a Truth Social post.

“In fact, I am leading the runner up, whoever that may now be, by more than 50 Points. Reagan didn’t do it, and neither did others,” he added. “People know my Record, one of the BEST EVER, so why would I Debate? I’M YOUR MAN. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4158198-trump-people-know-my-record-so-why-would-i-debate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Re: Trump: ‘People know my record…so why would I debate?’
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 01:49:39 pm »
The arrogance of this one is just amazing. No wonder his followers worship him. He thinks he’s god too.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2023, 02:16:29 pm »

Former President Trump late Thursday added to speculation swirling around whether or not he would attend the Republican debates, which begin next week.

“Many people are asking whether or not I will be doing the DEBATES? ALL AMERICANS have been clamoring for a President of extremely High Intelligence. As everyone is aware, my Poll numbers, over a ‘wonderful’ field of Republican candidates, are extraordinary,” he said in a Truth Social post.

“In fact, I am leading the runner up, whoever that may now be, by more than 50 Points. Reagan didn’t do it, and neither did others,” he added. “People know my Record, one of the BEST EVER, so why would I Debate? I’M YOUR MAN. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4158198-trump-people-know-my-record-so-why-would-i-debate/

Reagan in 1984 was an incumbent President running for reelection, as was Bush in 2004 and Obama in 2012.  Trump isn't.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2023, 02:18:27 pm »
Debating is actually one of his stronger skills though, surprising he doesn't want to do this.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2023, 02:21:42 pm »
His lawyers are probably fearful he'd say something that could be used against him in his many, many upcoming trials.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2023, 02:25:27 pm »
The arrogance of this one is just amazing. No wonder his followers worship him. He thinks he’s god too.

Yup.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2023, 02:39:38 pm »
His lawyers are probably fearful he'd say something that could be used against him in his many, many upcoming trials.

This is probably the primary reason
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2023, 03:02:36 pm »

I don't agree with him often but on this, I agree.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2023, 03:23:11 pm »
A confident contender says bring it on.

Obviously, that's not Trump.

If your record speaks for itself as you say, why did you not win the last election you were in? You say cheating, well the cheating is going to continue. So you better persuade more people to vote for you to overcome that but instead you're hiding from the competition demanding they simply stand down. All it does is scream weakness. In addition, there's a stark contrast between your record with COVID and DeSantis'. And you know you're going to be hammered on it and rightfully so. Lock downs, closed schools, operation warp speed, paying people not to work, masks that did nothing, etc. all advocated by your administration. Trump said DeSantis was opening up too soon and it was going to kill people and was dead wrong... So yes, you have a record and where it really counts it fell wildly short...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2023, 03:27:48 pm »

Normally, I'd say that can't be the case because he doesn't listen to his lawyers.  But given that he's backed off his Georgia Kraken dump on advice from his lawyers, maybe's he's listening to them.

At least for now.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2023, 03:28:26 pm »

I’m surprised I hadn’t thought of that. You are probably correct.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2023, 03:42:12 pm »
Well, at least we wouldn't have to watch him sling mud and bully others on the debate stage.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2023, 03:47:50 pm »
Well, at least we wouldn't have to watch him sling mud and bully others on the debate stage.

There is that!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2023, 03:49:25 pm »
Unable to pull the trigger on The Swamp? Bragging about low haning fruit?

Yes we know that record.
The Republic is lost.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2023, 04:04:45 pm »
Unable to pull the trigger on The Swamp? Bragging about low haning fruit?

Yes we know that record.

Giving Fauci, the ultimate swamp-creature, a freaking award!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2023, 04:18:30 pm »
Giving Fauci, the ultimate swamp-creature, a freaking award!

"CRUCIFY HIM!!  CRUCIFY HIM!!! GIVE US BARABBAS!!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2023, 04:20:48 pm »
Why do some persist in treating Trump like Jesus?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2023, 04:38:02 pm »

So a perfectly legitimate question/criticism of Trump "why did he give a medal to Fauci (and to Milley) the day before he left office" is equated to crucifying Jesus.  It's just a perfect illustration of how cult-ish some of the supporters of Trump have become.

What's so interesting about this is that if you read DeSantis threads, there are plenty of criticisms of him by people who support him.  We freely admit that he isn't perfect and has flaws, and are willing to be specific about them.  But most Trumpers, other than a meaninglessly vague comment that "of course he isn't perfect", will refuse to address his flaws.  It's sufficiently bad that even if they ask you to identify something specific he did so it can be discussed, they'll just ignore the response that they themselves requested.

I don't know if they think that is an effective tactic to advocate for him, but it isn't.  A dogmatic willingness to admit to obvious flaws not only makes a person look like a fanatic, but also suggests that they don't even see those things as flaws, and they therefore are likely to be repeated.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2023, 04:44:11 pm »
So a perfectly legitimate question/criticism of Trump "why did he give a medal to Fauci (and to Milley) the day before he left office" is equated to crucifying Jesus.  It's just a perfect illustration of how cult-ish some of the supporters of Trump have become.

What's so interesting about this is that if you read DeSantis threads, there are plenty of criticisms of him by people who support him.  We freely admit that he isn't perfect and has flaws, and are willing to be specific about them.  But most Trumpers, other than a meaninglessly vague comment that "of course he isn't perfect", will refuse to address his flaws.  It's sufficiently bad that even if they ask you to identify something specific he did so it can be discussed, they'll just ignore the response that they themselves requested.

I don't know if they think that is an effective tactic to advocate for him, but it isn't.  A dogmatic willingness to admit to obvious flaws not only makes a person look like a fanatic, but also suggests that they don't even see those things as flaws, and they therefore are likely to be repeated.

My post had very little to do with @deb 's post about giving Fauci a medal...more to do with the entire line/row of replies by TBR's 'Usual Suspects' who run around the forum pissing on President Trump whenever they feel like it.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2023, 04:48:51 pm »
My post had very little to do with @deb 's post about giving Fauci a medal...more to do with the entire line/row of replies by TBR's 'Usual Suspects' who run around the forum pissing on President Trump whenever they feel like it.

Okay...then what do you think about Trump giving a Presidential Commendation Medal to both Fauci and Milley the day before he left office?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2023, 04:49:52 pm »

Jesus didn't give Fauci a medal.  Nice try though.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2023, 04:55:41 pm »

Don't look at it that way.  Look at is as if we are pissing on the posts of those who keep trying to convince us with falsehoods that Trump was the greatest President ever.  In fact, I seem to recall one poster here recently saying that "President Trump gave the nation the greatest economic boom in American modern times."  It is pure bullshit.  THAT is what we are pissing on.

Hope that helps.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2023, 05:01:27 pm »
Okay...then what do you think about Trump giving a Presidential Commendation Medal to both Fauci and Milley the day before he left office?

Hindsight... what would you all do without it??   happy77

Looking back... a silly and embarrassing event.

Since then we've learned about the "Warp Speed" vaccine BS, and Fauci's $3M windfall.  Milley I will NEVER understand.

Every direction President Trump turned, there was somebody there to stick a knife in him. 
Having faith in people referred to you by well-meaning associates...would hope that he wouldn't fall prey to that sort in his 2nd term.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2023, 05:04:10 pm »
Hindsight... what would you all do without it??   happy77

Looking back... a silly and embarrassing event.

Since then we've learned about the "Warp Speed" vaccine BS, and Fauci's $3M windfall.  Milley I will NEVER understand.

Every direction President Trump turned, there was somebody there to stick a knife in him. 
Having faith in people referred to you by well-meaning associates...would hope that he wouldn't fall prey to that sort in his 2nd term.

That was a full four years into his Presidency.  If he was unable to identify trustworthy, capable subordinates after four freaking years in office, he's incompetent.  Literally incapable of being a competent CEO of an organization as large as the federal government.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2023, 05:04:39 pm »
That was a full four years into his Presidency.  If he was unable to identify trustworthy, capable subordinates after four freaking years in office, he's incompetent.  Literally incapable of being a competent CEO of an organization as large as the federal government.

:thumbsup: