Author Topic: Video: DeSantis Goes On Stage in Iowa, and People Start Banging Cowbells Shortly After He Suffers H  (Read 10121 times)

Online mountaineer

The worst Republican Candidate is better than the best Democrat.
While that's most likely true, I'm getting really tired of voting against the Democrat, instead of for the better candidate. I think the last time I voted for a Republican presidential candidate was 1984.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
While that's most likely true, I'm getting really tired of voting against the Democrat, instead of for the better candidate. I think the last time I voted for a Republican presidential candidate was 1984.

A valid point.  Most of the votes I have cast in my life have been against people.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

Kay Bailey Hutchinson (R-TX) removed the money from the Secure Fence Act and gave it to the Education Dept.

YUP. That was Duncan Hunter's fence.

Offline roamer_1

A valid point.  Most of the votes I have cast in my life have been against people.

I will point out that that is not what votes are for...
Your vote is an endorsement, it can only approve. So in voting against.the Democrat, you are really approving the RINO, and Conservatism goes wanting every time.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why?  You've made up your mind to vote for DeSantis.  Good luck with that "RINO or BUST" strategy.  @GtHawk
Just remember the definition of insanity, because you are living it. Good luck with that, because even if Trump  wins he won’t get a damn thing done except by EO just like last time because I doubt we will keep congress or win the senate with Trump as the nominee.l So we still lose.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@DCPatriot

...I came to this thread...now 7 pages long.  Page after page after page with nothing but declarations by members how they would NEVER vote for Pres. Trump.... I give don't a fiddler's bleep what one's degree of 'Conservative' is or isn't...we're ALL Conservatives here.  And given the opposition party today, there is NO excuse to read that members wouldn't vote for him for some ridiculous personal reason.

Do you realize that everything you said right there actually applies to Trump himself?  He has refused to support at least 3-4 of the other GOP candidates if they win the nomination.  How is that not even worse than what members here have said?

He is the one who deliberately went to war with and has tried to destroy any Republican - conservative or not - who even considered challenging him, or supporting any of his challengers.  Cruz, DeSantis, Reynolds, Youngkin...he's even trashed Sarah Huckabee Sanders.  And you have perhaps his foremost supporter in this very site saying:

The only chance of rebuilding will be to crush the federal Republican Party in 2024 --- from top to bottom --- and clear the way for a true opposition party.

So maybe you're right and "we're" all conservatives here, but Trump's actions have made it very clear to me that he isn't.  Because no true conservative would do what he has done and is continuing to do in destroying other prominent conservatives in the country.  They just wouldn't unless something else was more important to them than advancing conservatism.

None of these idiots said bleep for the entire 4 years he was in the White House.
It's as if his 1st term never happened...the way he is treated... a persona no grata around here.

Again, how is that any different from how Trump and his supporters have treated anyone who isn't a Trumper?  They've actually created a circular definition of conservatism -- if you're pro-Trump, you're a conservative.  If you're not, then no matter what else you've done, what positions you support, etc., you're a RINO/globalist/uniparty scum.  Trump himself has said he would not support 3-4 of the GOP challengers.  Do you not understand that the opposition to Trump was triggered by Trump himself trying to destroy other Republicans, and it was only after that happened that "I won't vote for Trump" caught on here?  Because for many of us, it was him going after conservative Republican politicians that was the last straw.

In any case, I haven't forgotten his first three years as President.  I'm thankful for his judicial appointments and for the tax bill, although Trump himself made mortal enemies out of the two congressional leaders most responsible for the drafting and passage of that bill.

But you're acting as if the last of his four years and what he has said and done since never happened.  I still voted for him in 2020, but I thought his handling of Covid revealed a lot of unpleasant things about him that gave me pause.  And what he has done since then is inexcusable.  I also view the resurgence of the left as being primary due to Trump himself.  He has managed to become the perfect leftist boogeyman that they can use to swing independents/moderates over to their side, and in my opinion, four more years of Trump might well result in leftist supermajorities in 2028.

They're all insane.  Snap the hell out of it!!

You direct literally none of your ire towards Trump supporters here who have vowed to support nobody but Trump, and who have openly endorsed vicious attacks on any Republicans who doesn't kiss Trump's ring.  Again, another quote:

The "who else are you going to vote for" days are over. That thinking is what brought us to this point in our history. We surrendered the power of our vote to the "lesser of two evils" fallacy. No more.

And of course, no ire directed towards Trump himself who refuses to support other Republicans who might win the nomination for his own "ridiculous personal reasons."   Seems to me that a President who makes decisions based on "ridiculous personal reasons" is a hell of a lot more dangerous to the Republic than are a bunch of message board people.  The way he goes after and tries to destroy objectively conservative Republicans has convinced me that advancing conservative goals is not his priority.  And that's frightening because a guy like that in office will undermine the ability of conservatives in Congress to resist big-government, non-conservative policies.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 12:14:48 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

@DCPatriot

By the way, we have plenty of reasons to oppose Trump other than "ridiculous personal reasons".  Here's a sample:

1) Attacking viciously any Republican who supports entitlement reform, and promising to kill any such efforts himself if elected.

2)  Promising to threaten Ukraine to force them to accept Russian terms within 48 hours.  Whether you agree or not, that's a substantive, non-personal reason.

3) Piss-poor selection of subordinates, especially folks like Milley who he selected for CJCS despite the recommendations of his senior military advisors.

4) His ridiculous, and statist, idea to establish 10 government-planned cities in national parks, completely with personal air transportation

5) His similarly ridiculous and statist idea to build camps on federal land to house drug addicts.

6) His public statements that are an embarrassment internationally, such as :

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/110426121391422436

7)  Wanting to bring Michael "Let's Declare Martial Law" Flynn back into power

8)  Undermining state-level Republicans by saying that Stacey Abrams would be a better governor than Brian Kemp, and that Crist would have been just as good as DeSantis.

Online libertybele

@Cyber Liberty

Nor am I.

Predicted his presidency as he was coming down the escalator to formally announce.

As far as being reelected? 

I'm more concerned for his very life than I am of him winning a 2nd term.

I came to this thread...now 7 pages long.  Page after page after page with nothing but declarations by members how they would NEVER vote for Pres. Trump.

I give don't a fiddler's bleep what one's degree of 'Conservative' is or isn't...we're ALL Conservatives here.

And given the opposition party today, there is NO excuse to read that members wouldn't vote for him for some ridiculous personal reason.

None of these idiots said bleep for the entire 4 years he was in the White House.

Yeah there was always a 'buzz'...but this sh*t has gotten out of hand.

It's as if his 1st term never happened...the way he is treated... a persona no grata around here.

They're all insane.  Snap the hell out of it!!

@DCPatriot there are other choices to vote for in the primary other than Trump.  You are assuming that Trump is going to be the nominee which is all fine and good.  Due to all the indictments and the possibility that he won't be able to run or won't qualify to get onto the ballot in all 50 states, who are you going to vote for?  I think that possibility does need to be considered.

Other than Trump as you well know, it's DeSantis, Haley, Christie, Scott, Ramsy and Hutchison.  So, if Trump finds himself unable to run, or loses the nomination, would you vote for either of those candidates?

I have to agree with you wholeheartedly, I am deeply concerned for Trump's safety.  The liberal lunatics on the left will stop at nothing to ensure that he is unable to run.  I think most of us will at least agree on that.

Trump's first term happened.  I thought he made a good president.  He had some shortcomings which I have expressed along the way and I have given him credit where credit is due.

He's rattled right now and rightfully so with the continued witch hunts, but -- he's going after conservatives. Wrong thing to do!  He's acting like a bully; wrong thing to do! He should be focused on two things; 1) staying out of prison and 2) ensuring that we have a free and fair election.

He instead is mouthing off at the judges and his attorneys. Instead of gathering conservative GOP governors and Ronna and working to find ways to implement election integrity he attacks those conservative governors.  He continues to do rallies giving the same ole same ole that he was cheated.  Yes, he was, I get that, but we can't change the past, we can only change the future.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

She was a piece of work.
I sat next to her on the plane once when she was recovering from a leg injury, due to jogging.  I really liked her.  Her policies not so much.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

@DCPatriot there are other choices to vote for in the primary other than Trump.  You are assuming that Trump is going to be the nominee which is all fine and good.  Due to all the indictments and the possibility that he won't be able to run or won't qualify to get onto the ballot in all 50 states, who are you going to vote for?  I think that possibility does need to be considered.

Other than Trump as you well know, it's DeSantis, Haley, Christie, Scott, Ramsy and Hutchison.  So, if Trump finds himself unable to run, or loses the nomination, would you vote for either of those candidates?

I have to agree with you wholeheartedly, I am deeply concerned for Trump's safety.  The liberal lunatics on the left will stop at nothing to ensure that he is unable to run.  I think most of us will at least agree on that.

Trump's first term happened.  I thought he made a good president.  He had some shortcomings which I have expressed along the way and I have given him credit where credit is due.

He's rattled right now and rightfully so with the continued witch hunts, but -- he's going after conservatives. Wrong thing to do!  He's acting like a bully; wrong thing to do! He should be focused on two things; 1) staying out of prison and 2) ensuring that we have a free and fair election.

He instead is mouthing off at the judges and his attorneys. Instead of gathering conservative GOP governors and Ronna and working to find ways to implement election integrity he attacks those conservative governors.  He continues to do rallies giving the same ole same ole that he was cheated.  Yes, he was, I get that, but we can't change the past, we can only change the future.

Just want to add to this that I'd vote for any other Republican in the primary except perhaps Ramaswamy.  I'm most definitely not a "DeSantis or nobody" guy at all.   Still may end up preferring someone else to him.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 09:35:12 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online libertybele

Just want to add to this that I'd vote for any other Republican in the primary except perhaps Ramaswamy.  I'm most definitely not a "DeSantis or nobody" guy at all.   Still may end up preferring someone else to him.

DeSantis may not be my candidate of choice in the future either, but right now, out of all of them, he is the most conservative. I keep hoping that a couple of others will jump in, but it sure doesn't look like that's going to happen.  Very disheartening I think.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

DeSantis may not be my candidate of choice in the future either, but right now, out of all of them, he is the most conservative. I keep hoping that a couple of others will jump in, but it sure doesn't look like that's going to happen.  Very disheartening I think.

True.  But, though I'd prefer the most conservative candidate be elected, I'm willing to recognize that the most conservative candidate may not be electable.  So I'll end up going with the most conservative candidate who is electable.

Too early to know who that is right now.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
TWENTY_FRIGGIN_TRILLION_DOLLARS. More money spent than any administration in history.
And he shut the country off. HE SHUT IT THE HELL OFF.

You really can't defend his first term. And strictly by the numbers, without personal feelings at all, there is no way in hell I would vote for him.

big government from the right will never get my vote. And he is the pinnacle of that.

Oh Hell No.

The man was POTUS.  He's wasn't a 'king'.

Purse strings and checks written are Congress' realm.

And the greatest fraud in modern history...the "Covid Flu" shut down the country.

Name me a 'POTUS' refusing to take the advice of the CDC and the global data available at the time and keeping the nation from shutting down.

Name me a POTUS who would have had the ballz necessary to say "OH HELL NO!!!!" to the two $1400 checks we all received, while small businesses across the nation shuttered...never to open again.

President Trump gave the nation the greatest economic boom in American modern times.
Unlike GHWB following Pres Reagan, he was handed the baton from an adversarial administration.

Lose your 20/20 hindsight and you're just another brick in the wall! :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

And the greatest fraud in modern history...the "Covid Flu" shut down the country.

Name me a 'POTUS' refusing to take the advice of the CDC and the global data available at the time and keeping the nation from shutting down.

Name me a POTUS who would have had the ballz necessary to say "OH HELL NO!!!!" to the two $1400 checks we all received, while small businesses across the nation shuttered...never to open again.

President Trump gave the nation the greatest economic boom in American modern times.
Unlike GHWB following Pres Reagan, he was handed the baton from an adversarial administration.

ME! That's who! But I don't have billions of dollars or tens of thousands of donors to put me in position to actually be heard.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

ME! That's who! But I don't have billions of dollars or tens of thousands of donors to put me in position to actually be heard.

LOL!  I feel ya, @jmyrlefuller !

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

Only bidet has fewer Veto's than Trump in modern Presidential history, going back to Warren G Harding. 
   He owns it all.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

They don't become law without a President's signature.  Afterwards, spending those checks is 100% within the President's realm.

Basically, you are saying that with another Trump term, we can expect four more years of purse strings and checks that Trump will do nothing to stop.   So why vote for him?

And Trump didn't lift a finger to stop it.  Instead, he signed off on every bit of it, even giving Fauci an award for it.  So why vote for him?

I can name a Governor.  That track record surely beats the track record of a POTUS who went along with it.  So why not give that governor a shot instead over the one you already know won't do jack.

Grover Cleveland

That simply isn't true.  Not even close.  Trump had a single year (2018) where GDP growth exceeded 4%.  Reagan had seven years.  Two of those exhibited double-digit growth rates.  Heck, even 'W' had three. 

For Trump, the hype does not match the numbers.  But that's what happens when you run massive deficits.  You fund the empowerment of government at the expense of people who create wealth.

Trump and GHWB have one thing in common.  Both ran up bigger deficits than their predecessors.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DB

Economic booms do not cause massive record breaking deficit spending. Just the opposite. That is fundamental evidence that there was no actual "economic boom". Just partying on printed money while it lasted. That's the hard cold truth of it.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

As you know, we only have one at a time, and the one we had - some guy named Trump - didn't.  However, we did have a bunch of governors who either didn't lock down at all, or who defied the CDC by lifting restrictions against CDC recommendations.  So I'd All of those governors who showed better judgment and a stiffer spine than did Trump would have done a better job.

The lockdowns and the checks were interrelated. You didn't need the checks if you didn't do the lockdowns. So, I suggest you could look to that same list of governors who defied the CDC as the most likely candidates who would have vetoed the free money.

Offline roamer_1

Bullshit. Anyone else would own it. So does Tumpy.

More bullshit. He SIGNED every one of those bills.

More bullshit. Either he was a total dupe, or there he was, standing right next to Fauci. Either way he is not blameless in that fraud. He made my dear mother suck horse paste.

Name me any other president that you wouldn't put on the hook for going along.

Certainly not Tumpy. No damn balls.

More utter bullshit. He printed money. Hand over fist. Just like Obama. Just like Bush.

Are you looking in the mirror as you say that? Until y'all admit the utter folly of his first administration - SOME fault, ANY fault, I will consider y'all still in your fanboi bubble.

Online DCPatriot

Bullshit. Anyone else would own it. So does Tumpy.

More bullshit. He SIGNED every one of those bills.

More bullshit. Either he was a total dupe, or there he was, standing right next to Fauci. Either way he is not blameless in that fraud. He made my dear mother suck horse paste.

Name me any other president that you wouldn't put on the hook for going along.

Certainly not Tumpy. No damn balls.

More utter bullshit. He printed money. Hand over fist. Just like Obama. Just like Bush.

Are you looking in the mirror as you say that? Until y'all admit the utter folly of his first administration - SOME fault, ANY fault, I will consider y'all still in your fanboi bubble.

It's impossible to have a conversation with you, @roamer_1

You and I are done when the topic is President Trump.

Now go skin a bear or something....   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Hoodat

@DCPatriot

I directly addressed every bogus premise you brought up.  How about having a conversation about that?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Hey @DCPatriot ... If you don't want to hear what you know I am going to say, THEN don't reply to my posts (on Tumpy I mean).

You asked for it, you got it, Toyota.  happy77

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

I directly addressed every bogus premise you brought up.  How about having a conversation about that?

Like I said...nobody's mind is going to be changed.

Your only purpose in 'stalking' me is not to engage but rather to bait and ridicule.

No thank you.   :seeya:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So... what was the point of this thread again?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024