Author Topic: Barr says ‘chances are’ Trump will be convicted in federal cases; doesn’t rule out voting for him  (Read 414 times)

Offline Kamaji

Bill Barr says ‘chances are’ Trump will be convicted in federal cases — doesn’t rule out voting for him in 2024

By Victor Nava
August 17, 2023

Former Attorney General Bill Barr on Thursday argued that former President Donald Trump’s 2024 White House bid shouldn’t give him “immunity” from prosecutors and suggested the ex-commander-in-chief “will be convicted of some counts” before Election Day.

Barr appeared on Fox News and was asked by host Neil Cavuto whether judges handling the 77-year-old former president’s four criminal cases should weigh the upcoming primary elections when scheduling Trump’s trial dates.

Barr insisted that while some accommodations may be appropriate, it would be better for the country to have the cases resolved before voters head to the polls in November of 2024.

“I don’t think that that should govern the schedule for pursuing these cases,” Barr, 73, said of Trump’s campaign schedule. “You know, you don’t get immunity for two years in the run-up to an election just by saying, ‘Hey, I’m a candidate.’”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/17/bill-barr-says-federal-cases-against-trump-will-be-tried-before-election-and-chances-are-he-will-be-convicted/

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
These trials that will be happening in 2024 concern events that happened at the very beginning of 2021.  I think they deliberately timed it for maximum interference in the primaries, and to limit the time for appeals before the general election.