Author Topic: There’s a reason Snickers are called Snickers, and it’s not what you think at all  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Kamaji

There’s a reason Snickers are called Snickers, and it’s not what you think at all

By Joshua Lynch
August 18, 2023

So that’s why they call it Snickers.

The average person probably has no clue how the renowned Snickers candy bar got it’s name and where it came from.

Under the eminent candy brand Mars Inc., the Snickers moniker actually traces back to a horse belonging to the founders of the company Ethel and Frank Mars, according to The Sun.

The couple invested in some land and bought a 3,000-acre horse breeding farm after notching their successful Mar-o-Bar company that created the famed Milky Way Bar.

At the time, the couple had been planning to create a new candy bar and put it in production as a nameless bar — that is, until one of their favorite horses named Snickers died.

So, to honor the horse, Ethel and Frank gave the “no-name” bar the name Snickers.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/18/theres-a-reason-snickers-are-called-snickers-and-its-not-what-you-think-at-all/

Offline libertybele

As a kid I remember how exciting it was for me to get a 'Snickers' bar at Halloween.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Anything with peanuts was A-OK with me at Halloween (although I didn't mind a Three Musketeers now and then).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Anything with peanuts was A-OK with me at Halloween (although I didn't mind a Three Musketeers now and then).

Same here but I can do without the Three Musketeers and Milky Ways.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Having a Snickers and a Coke was a special moment my dad did with us kids.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Same here but I can do without the Three Musketeers and Milky Ways.
Recently bought a chocolate ice cream which was whipped. It tasted and had the texture "exactly" like a Three Musketeers bar.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Anything with peanuts was A-OK with me at Halloween
(although I didn't mind a Three Musketeers now and then).

My favorite back then was a plain Hershey bar.

My favorite now is, I start with Kroger chocolate drink powder
(the kind where you add milk)
and I mix in some additional cocoa powder,
plus just enough water to make it into a paste.
Mmmmmmm!  Chocolate!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
For a treat now I either do a brownie mix or take a couple of marshmallows, stuff a few chocolate morsels in it and perhaps a graham cracker.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

For a treat now I either do a brownie mix or take a couple of marshmallows, stuff a few chocolate morsels in it and perhaps a graham cracker.

S'mores, sounds like... I always have the fixings for s'mores around here... mostly for the fire pit, but I have been known to make em on the stove.  :whistle:

Offline roamer_1

BUT I am a caramel guy... I could eat Milky Way bars all day.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm more of a heath bar type...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

I'm more of a heath bar type...

Love me some toffee - though I lean toward Skor... But my teeth can't take it anymore.