Author Topic: #BREAKING: IRS Agent Fatally Shoots and kills another Agent At Phoenix Shooting gun Range  (Read 976 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Years ago, I shot pistols compressively and will tell you without equivocation that the most dangerous individuals I've ever encountered on a firing line were cops of some variety.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline American Girl

This is why you don’t train accountants to be police officers

But can anybody explain again why we need armed IRS agents?

https://defiantamerica.com/video-irs-agent-fatally-shoots-and-kills-another-agent-at-phoenix-shooting-range-here-are-the-details/

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I have no problem with this so long as they kill each other.

Offline Kamaji

This is why you don’t train accountants to be police officers

But can anybody explain again why we need armed IRS agents?

https://defiantamerica.com/video-irs-agent-fatally-shoots-and-kills-another-agent-at-phoenix-shooting-range-here-are-the-details/

The IRS has criminal investigators - yes, there are tax crimes - and IRS special agents are authorized to carry weapons and have arrest powers.

Offline dfwgator

A good start.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Question: Did the shooter qualify? I mean he did prove that he is proficient at killing an innocent subject afteral :whistle:

Offline PeteS in CA

Ignorance and arrogance are a bad mixture.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

Ignorance and arrogance are a bad mixture.

Especially around firearms.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Question: Did the shooter qualify? I mean he did prove that he is proficient at killing an innocent subject afteral :whistle:

Haven't read any particulars.

The range was host to multiple law enforcement jurisdictions and levels.

It could have been a practice SWAT 'attack' which included pop-up perps OR innocent civilians carrying shopping bags...

...or a 300 lb White guy with a cane at 6AM having his front door destroyed.  /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Why in God's name do IRS agents need to carry guns? I cannot think of any reason.

Offline Kamaji

Why in God's name do IRS agents need to carry guns? I cannot think of any reason.

Only a limited number of IRS agents - the ones charged with investigating tax crimes - carry guns.  These are the so-called "special agents" - they also have arrest powers.  Most IRS agents do not carry a gun as part of their official duties, except in very limited circumstances where they've been threatened and have been authorized to carry for self-defense.

Online mountaineer

A good start.
86,999 to go?

Sorry, that was rude.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Elizabeth Lawrence  August 18, 2023

An Internal Revenue Service (IRS) agent was fatally shot on Thursday by another IRS agent during a training exercise in Arizona, officials said. The shooting was reportedly an accident.

Charlotte M. Dennis, a spokesperson for the Phoenix Field Office of the IRS Criminal Investigation (CI) division, told CBS 5 the “incident” involved IRS special agents. The injured agent was transported to HonorHealth Deer Valley Medical Center, where the agent later died.

“Our concern today is for the agent and their family,” Dennis said.

According to the Federal Bureau of Prisons, the deadly shooting took place at the Federal Correctional Institution Phoenix Firing Range, where multiple federal agencies were working at the time, Fox News reported.

The FBI’s Phoenix field office is investigating the shooting.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/08/irs-agent-fatally-shot-by-fellow-agent-during-training-exercise/

Offline Mod2

Merged threads.

Offline PeteS in CA

A rangemaster FB friend commented that when you set aside all the political stuff, it's pretty obvious that at least a couple of very basic range safety rules were broken. I don't know what specific rules set he had in mind, but even in the Hunter's Safety course I took 40 or 50 years ago I knew to always treat a gun as if it's loaded, and to never point a gun at a human (including down-range from my target.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
A rangemaster FB friend commented that when you set aside all the political stuff, it's pretty obvious that at least a couple of very basic range safety rules were broken. I don't know what specific rules set he had in mind, but even in the Hunter's Safety course I took 40 or 50 years ago I knew to always treat a gun as if it's loaded, and to never point a gun at a human (including down-range from my target.
Well yeah, of course, but what about an oopsie?

Online mountaineer

IRS special agent killed by friendly fire during training exercise in Arizona
    by: Leah Anaya 2023-08-19
 Source: Law Enforcement Today

PHOENIX, AZ - On Thursday, a special agent with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) was shot and killed during a training exercise at a federal gun range in Phoenix.

The deceased agent has been identified as 47-year-old Patrick Bauer. Agent Bauer was participating in a training exercise at the Federal Correctional Institution in north Phoenix, near Pioneer Road and Interstate 17. The training was described as "routine," according to the FBI.

Exact circumstances surrounding the tragic accident have still not been released at the time of this writing. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well yeah, of course, but what about an oopsie?
Keep your booger hooks off the make it go bang thingy until you are ready to shoot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline MajorClay

I have no problem with this so long as they kill each other.

Ha!
Its a good start!