Author Topic: Trump cancels news conference to release report on 2020 election  (Read 844 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump cancels news conference to release report on 2020 election
Reuters
August 17, 20237:24 PM CDTUpdated 37 min ago

Aug 17 (Reuters) - Former U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday he had canceled a press conference scheduled for next week to release a report into the 2020 election in Georgia, saying his attorneys would put his arguments in court filings instead.

Trump said earlier this week that he would hold the press conference on Monday to release a detailed, 100-page report into what he described as "election fraud" in the state of Georgia during the 2020 election he lost to Democrat Joe Biden.

He has been charged in Georgia and in federal court with attempting to overturn those election results.

"Rather than releasing the Report on the Rigged & Stolen Georgia 2020 Presidential Election on Monday, my lawyers would prefer putting this, I believe, Irrefutable & Overwhelming evidence of Election Fraud & Irregularities in formal Legal Filings," Trump said on Truth Social.

Therefore, he added, the news conference was no longer necessary.

more
https://www.reuters.com/legal/trump-cancels-news-conference-release-report-2020-election-2023-08-18/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump cancels news conference to release report on 2020 election
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 01:14:30 am »
It still begs the question of why, if Trump has had all this information, he didn't release it at any point in the last two and a half years.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2023, 02:33:19 am »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2023, 04:57:11 am »
I wonder who convinced him to change his mind?  Maybe his lawyers threatened to quit if he went through with it.  The man just needs to shut up and let his lawyers do their jobs.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2023, 10:28:43 am »
I wonder who convinced him to change his mind?  Maybe his lawyers threatened to quit if he went through with it.  The man just needs to shut up and let his lawyers do their jobs.

An attorney for Trump. Just might be the most frustrating job in the world.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2023, 10:49:36 am »
It still begs the question of why, if Trump has had all this information, he didn't release it at any point in the last two and a half years.

:thumbsup:

Of course, one of the consequences of cancelling this is that Trump also looks weak and even more of a liar - despite the fact that there are good reasons to not do this - all of which begs the question of what possessed his stupid a$$ to announce this in the first place?

Trump is his own worst enemy, and not only does he weave the rope the democrats plan to hang him with, he helps them tie the knot and pick the tree to hang him from.

And this is the sort of intemperate, unthinking idjut we want to be president again?

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2023, 02:08:17 pm »
Donald is going to release his tax returns as soon as that pesky audit is finished. 

Online Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2023, 02:26:25 pm »
Donald is going to release his tax returns as soon as that pesky audit is finished. 

:silly:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2023, 02:26:37 pm »
I waiting to see if there were new lies or if it would be a clip show of his previous lies.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online DB

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2023, 03:06:15 pm »

Of course, one of the consequences of cancelling this is that Trump also looks weak and even more of a liar - despite the fact that there are good reasons to not do this - all of which begs the question of what possessed his stupid a$$ to announce this in the first place?

Trump is his own worst enemy, and not only does he weave the rope the democrats plan to hang him with, he helps them tie the knot and pick the tree to hang him from.

And this is the sort of intemperate, unthinking idjut we want to be president again?

Because it is the Biggest Show On Earth! You have to lay the groundwork for the big PR reveal, never mind the courts where it actually matters...

It's the art of the deal baby!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2023, 04:55:13 pm »

The argument from Trump and his supporters going all the way back to 2020 is that the Georgia election was stolen, clear fraud, etc..  They've been making that argument almost non-stop since then, and we've been told by people on this site that we must be blind not to acknowledge it.  So doesn't that necessarily mean that all the evidence must have already been out in the public domain?  Why on earth would Trump have withheld evidence that validates his complaints about Georgia?  It doesn't make a lick of sense.

That leads me to conclude that this "report" is a big pot of nothing.  Likely a bunch of regurgitated "evidence" that already has been out there for a long time, and not nearly as conclusive as has been claimed.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2023, 04:56:19 pm »

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.