Author Topic: Secret Chinese drug operation in Maine funneling cash to China: Report  (Read 832 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Timothy Frudd  August 17, 2023

A federal memorandum distributed to Border Patrol shows illegal Chinese marijuana cultivation operations are thriving in the state of Maine.

The memorandum, which was obtained by The Daily Caller and distributed to Border Patrol in July, notes that law enforcement identified 270 properties suspected of illegal Chinese marijuana cultivation operations in Maine. Estimates show that the illegal Chinese operations could generate $4.37 billion in revenue.

“We think the Chinese are taking advantage of rural areas, like Maine, to produce marijuana to sell across state lines and funnel the profits back to China,” a federal law enforcement source told The Daily Caller.

The law enforcement source claimed that the illegal marijuana operations are typically organized by Chinese nationals who have asylum claims or resident status in the United States, which prevents them from being removed from the U.S.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/08/secret-chinese-drug-operation-in-maine-funneling-cash-to-china-report/

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: Illegal Chinese Marijuana Grow Operations Are Taking Over Blue State, Leaked Memo Says

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
August 16, 2023
8:22 PM ET

The state of Maine has become a breeding ground for Chinese illegal marijuana grows worth billions of dollars, according to a federal memo obtained exclusively by the Daily Caller News Foundation.
There are 270 suspected Chinese illegal marijuana grow operations in Maine worth an estimated $4.37 billion, according to the memo.

“There are hundreds of these operations occurring throughout the state. It’s upsetting to those who live near these operations, and even those who are following Maine laws and procedures,” Penobscot County Sheriff Troy Morton told the DCNF.

Lucrative Chinese illegal marijuana grow operations are popping up all over Maine, according to a federal memorandum distributed within Border Patrol that was obtained exclusively by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Law enforcement in Maine identified 270 suspected properties used for Chinese illegal marijuana grow operations that could produce an estimated $4.37 billion in revenue, the July memo states. Chinese nationals who either have resident status in the U.S. or asylum claims that prevent them from being removed from the country tend to operate such grows, a federal law enforcement source, who requested anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak publicly, told the DCNF. 

https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/16/exclusive-illegal-chinese-marijuana-grow-operations-taking-over-blue-state-leaked-memo-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Aside from the profit motive, why would the Chinese be supplying America with weed?

Think about it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Aside from the profit motive, why would the Chinese be supplying America with weed?

Think about it.
Same reason they're flooding the southern border with fentanyl?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Same reason they're flooding the southern border with fentanyl?
Destabilize, disrupt socially and economically, and generally create chaos?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Destabilize, disrupt socially and economically, and generally create chaos?
By Jove, I think you've got it. A drugged populace offers little resistance.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline MajorClay

888mouth

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And let's not forget their dual use as spy platforms.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Maine is mainly filled with old people, and the winters are long, dark, cold, and desolate.

What are the Chi-coms using that money for?

Maine is home to Bath Iron Works, Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, border crossings from Canada, and potentially other sites of interest to Chi-com intelligence.

Chinese will stick out like a sore thumb in Maine.  If they were Somalians, they could blend-in in Lewiston, Maine.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've posted this before, and will repeat:
Bring back "The Chinese Exclusion Act".

Sorry if you don't like this post.

Offline Mod2

Re: Secret Chinese drug operation in Maine funneling cash to China: Report
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2023, 09:56:22 pm »
Merged threads