Author Topic: Video captures residents fleeing raging river that burst through Italian town  (Read 425 times)

Offline Kamaji

Distressing video captures residents fleeing raging river that burst through Italian town

By Chloe Whelan, News.com.au
August 17, 2023

Distressing footage has captured the moment a raging river burst through a town in Italy, coating the streets in mud.

The dramatic video shared online showed the churning, mud-filled river forming a huge wave as it burst its banks and rolled into a street in the tourist town of Bardonecchia, near Turin in the Val di Susa Valley.

It is believed the mudslide was caused by a landslide and heavy rainfall in the nearby mountains.

The town of 3,000 residents was bustling on Sunday as it celebrated its patron feast day, St Hipolito, with activities and games taking place and fireworks planned at night, according to the local tourism agency.

Bardonecchia, located at 1300 meters, is a popular destination for both winter mountain sports and summer hiking and is intersected by several streams, creeks, and tributaries.

The festivities took a turn for the worse as residents and tourists were seen fleeing from the “mud tsunami” as it smashed through a gate and sent debris flying.

Separate videos showed a wall of mud breaching the riverbanks that pass through the mountain town, blanketing cars and roads with thick, grey sludge.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/17/moment-muddy-river-bursts-through-italian-town-as-residents-flee/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'm sure that we will be told that this has never ever happened before in all history and this is all because of globull warming/climate change and one hundred percent due to mans use of fossil fuels.

Offline mountaineer

I'm sure that we will be told that this has never ever happened before in all history and this is all because of globull warming/climate change and one hundred percent due to mans use of fossil fuels.
Lather, rinse, repeat, ad nauseam*****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org