Author Topic: Leading Economic Indicators Fall Again, Still Point To Looming Recession  (Read 557 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Leading Economic Indicators Fall Again, Still Point To Looming Recession

John Carney 17 Aug 2023

A key index of economic indicators that are thought to provide insight into the direction of the economy fell in July, the 16th consecutive monthly decline, and continues to indicate a recession is approaching.

At the same time, a barometer of current conditions indicates that the economy continues to expand.

The Conference Board said its leading economic index fell 0.4 percent in July, in line with Wall Street’s forecasts. Seven of the 10 components of the index fell in July.

Broad, deep, and lasting declines in the index have typically led to recessions. But this year the economy has defied recession predictions and forward-looking indicators, with the economy not only ”

“The leading index continues to suggest that economic activity is likely to decelerate and descend into mild contraction in the months ahead. The Conference Board now forecasts a short and shallow recession in the Q4 2023 to Q1 2024 timespan,” said Justyna Zabinska-La Monica, senior manager of business cycle indicators at the Conference Board.

Zabinksa-La Monica said “weak new orders, high interest rates, a dip in consumer perceptions of the outlook for business conditions, and decreasing hours worked in manufacturing fueled the leading indicator’s” decline in July.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/08/17/leading-economic-indicators-fall-again-still-point-to-looming-recession/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Ridiculous. Schumer said so.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If I have learned one thing in my life it's that when a democrat tells you something they are lying and you better get a tight grip on your wallet.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

And CNBC, and Bloomberg too.  It's not only the traditonal MSM that is cqrrying Pedo Joe's water.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Which will be right about recession ... inverted yeild curve or Chuckles?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 01:54:38 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

That'll happen from time to time when the government manipulates the stock market.

Offline mountaineer

Russia's condition really wasn't what struck me from that graphic - it's how poorly the US is doing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Russia's condition really wasn't what struck me from that graphic - it's how poorly the US is doing.

Without having the details for what goes into that number, the number is misleading.  Both for Russia and for the U.S.