Author Topic: New York Official Who Touted Vetting Of Migrants Now Closing Off County To Them After Two Alleged Se  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York Official Who Touted Vetting Of Migrants Now Closing Off County To Them After Two Alleged Sexual Assaults
Jennie TaerAugust 14, 20235

A Democratic official in New York who previously touted the vetting of migrants is now attempting to stop them from coming to his county after two alleged sexual assaults, according to a recent statement from his office.

Erie County Executive Mark C. Poloncarz is telling Democratic New York City Mayor Eric Adams to stop busing migrants until security is ensured, according to a recent statement. Cheektowaga Police Chief Brian Gould announced Saturday the arrest of a migrant, 22, at a local hotel who allegedly sexually assaulted a woman, 27, from Buffalo who was working at the hotel.

The migrant was charged with sexual abuse and unlawful imprisonment, Gould said, adding that the hotel should no longer be used for migrants. Another recent incident involved a migrant from Venezuela allegedly raping a woman in front of a 3-year-old child, the New York Posted reported.

“I demanded that Mayor Adams pause all further transportation of asylum seekers to our community until such time as we can resolve all security issues. He agreed and informed me they will not send any additional persons to Erie County at this time,” Poloncarz said in a statement Saturday.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2023/08/new-york-official-who-touted-vetting-of-migrants-now-closing-off-county-to-them-after-two-alleged-sexual-assaults/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson