Author Topic: Special Prosecutor Requested to Look Into GA Lt. Gov Burt Jones, Right After He Slams Fani Willis  (Read 484 times)

Online Kamaji

NEW: Special Prosecutor Requested to Look Into GA Lt. Gov Burt Jones, Right After He Slams Fani Willis

By Jennifer Van Laar
August 16, 2023

Georgia Lt. Gov. Burt Jones, who was initially targeted by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis as part of her prosecution of Donald Trump and his associates for questioning the outcome of the 2020 election, spoke out about Willis' actions on Tuesday, blasting her use of taxpayer dollars during a time in which crime in Atlanta is soaring and the political motivation behind the indictments. He continued that theme in an exclusive telephone interview with Fox News. And then a funny thing happened - the Prosecuting Attorneys' Council of Georgia requested the grand jury's final report so a special prosecutor can be appointed to investigate him.

https://twitter.com/TamarHallerman/status/1691924093950460226

Jones was a Georgia state senator in 2020 but was elected Lieutenant Governor in 2022. He became the Republican nominee in May 2022, earning 50.1 percent of the primary vote. In June 2022 Fani Willis hosted a fundraiser for Charlie Bailey, Jones' Democrat opponent in the race, then in July 2022 Willis sent Jones a target letter, indicating that he was a target of the grand jury investigation. Jones objected to being investigated by Willis given her clear support for his political rival. Fulton County Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney granted Jones' motion, preventing Willis and her entire office from looking into Jones.

Source:  https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2023/08/16/new-special-prosecutor-requested-to-look-into-ga-lt-gov-burt-jones-right-after-he-slams-fani-willis-n2162714

Online Kamaji

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive: Georgia State Senator Takes First Step to Impeach Trump’s Fulton County Prosecutor

Wendell Husebø 17 Aug 2023

Georgia state Sen. Colton Moore (R) took the first step on Thursday towards impeaching Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis for her actions against former President Donald Trump, a memo exclusively obtained by Breitbart News shows.

In a letter to Gov. Brian Kemp (R), Moore announced an initiative to begin an emergency session to conduct a thorough investigation into the actions undertaken by Willis. On Tuesday, a Georgia grand jury indicted Trump on 13 counts.

The lawmaker’s investigation could lead to defunding Willis’s investigation of Trump and/or ultimately impeaching the district attorney.

“We must strip all funding and, if appropriate, impeach Fani Willis,” Moore said in a statement.

“As a Georgia State Senator, I am officially calling for an emergency session to review the actions of Fani Willis,” he said. “America is under attack. I’m not going to sit back and watch as radical left prosecutors weaponize their elected offices to politically target their opponents.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/17/exclusive-georgia-state-senator-takes-first-step-impeach-trumps-fulton-county-prosecutor/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
From what Cato told me in the other thread, this likely won't succeed.

Online DefiantMassRINO

... another yet-to-be-indicted co-conspirator.  Would that State Senator's statements and action be in furtherance of Trump's Kraken Criminal Enterprise?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Benny Johnson
@bennyjohnson

🚨BREAKING: Georgia State Senator @realColtonMoore officially calls for an emergency session to review actions by Fulton County DA Fani Willis which may lead to possible impeachment after politically indicting Trump:

“America is under attack. I’m not going to sit back and watch as radical left prosecutors politically TARGET political opponents.

12:00 PM · Aug 17, 2023

Online Hoodat

Dade County - top NW corner of GA, bordering AL and TN.  His political career in the GA Senate is over.  Other Senators (who have already been blacklisted) will jump on board.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-