Author Topic: Amazon Bans, Then Unbans 'Dilbert' Creator Scott Adams  (Read 362 times)

Online Kamaji

Amazon Bans, Then Unbans 'Dilbert' Creator Scott Adams
« on: August 17, 2023, 12:03:07 pm »
Amazon Bans, Then Unbans 'Dilbert' Creator Scott Adams

By Jeff Charles
August 16, 2023

Author and political commentator Scott Adams announced on Tuesday that Amazon had banned his new book “Reframe Your Brain” from its Kindle Direct Publishing platform. Adams, who is also the creator of the "Dilbert" comic strip, later informed his audience that the company had lifted the lifetime ban.

On Tuesday, Adams wrote a post on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter:

.@AmazonKDP (for independent publishers) banned me for life this week, so my book launch for Reframe Your Brain might be delayed.

Their stated reason is that I don't own my own content, although they have documents proving I do. I get no response when I ask who they think owns it.

I can't penetrate what I believe is their AI support system that is pretending to be human, to determine if it is a system issue or . . . something else. Will keep you updated.

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1691578654684536932

On Wednesday, Adams gave an update, explaining that the ban was reversed “without explanation.”

So, what happened here?

Perhaps Amazon’s banning of Scott Adams was a simple mistake. It could have been an overzealous left-leaning employee who detests the author because he supported Trump.

It is also possible that the company planned to ban Adams from its platform, but then changed its mind because of the inevitable backlash that would follow. In this day and age, this is entirely possible, especially for someone like Scott Adams, who has become known for his outside-the-box and often controversial takes.

Source:  https://www.redstate.com/jeffc/2023/08/16/amazon-bans-then-unbans-dilbert-creator-scott-adams-n2162717