Author Topic: Ramaswamy Sides With Trump Despite Being Pressured By Fox News Host to Say 45 Is Guilty  (Read 407 times)

Online Kamaji

Vivek Ramaswamy Sides With Trump Despite Being Pressured By Fox News Host to Say 45 Is Guilty

Sarah Arnold
August 16, 2023

GOP presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy refused to take the bait when Fox News host Neil Cavuto tried to get him to admit former President Trump is guilty as he faces his fourth indictment this year.

Cavuto attempted to claim that the four indictments against Trump “can’t all be politicized,” Ramaswamy declined to agree, saying that the political persecutions are “wrong.”

“I will be unabashed about standing on the side of principle when I say, yes, these prosecutions are wrong,” Ramaswamy said as Cavuto argued that Trump must have done something illegal.

“Just because the government has brought a case, if we’re going to be a culture that now starts to say there must be something wrong if the government has charged 91 counts, I think that’s a people of sheep. And when the people behave like sheep, that breeds a government of wolves,” the GOP candidate continued.

Ramaswamy added that he is skeptical of the 91 charges being brought against Trump, standing his ground as the Fox News host continued to fish for him to admit the 45th president is guilty.

“You don’t think there’s anything in this case that shows or even strongly hints of the former president trying to reverse that Georgia, that Georgia contest?” Cavuto pressed again.

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2023/08/16/vivek-ramaswamy-sides-with-trump-n2627129

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ramaswamy is wise not to let himself get corralled with rhetorical tricks. And, no matter where you stand on Trump, there are principles involved that need to be defended.

It was pretty obvious to most of us that Trump was not asking for illegal acts.

Unlike the opposition, who likely got most of their "Georgia victory' in the State Farm Arena after declaring an shutdown over a leaky urinal in another part of the building as if it was a major water main burst, and then continuing to count ballots of questionable provenance (mail in ballots without a crease in them, for instance), on occasion multiple times, without poll watchers, and doubtless cheated their way to at least part of the alleged 13000 vote lead right there.

But I DO blame the Governor and Secretary of State and Attorney General of GA for not following up on claims of electoral misbehaviour--especially with more than just probable cause right there on video.

I am becoming more impressed with Ramaswamy, and he is wise to stay out of the Trump vs the world pool-pah as long as he can.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis