Author Topic: Blown Away: The Explosive, Dangerous Reality Of EV Batteries  (Read 151 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Blown Away: The Explosive, Dangerous Reality Of EV Batteries
« on: August 17, 2023, 10:17:21 am »
WRITTEN BY STEPHEN MOORE ON AUG 16, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Blown Away: The Explosive, Dangerous Reality Of EV Batteries

The New York Fire Department recently reported that so far this year there have been 108 lithium-ion battery fires in New York City, which have injured 66 people and killed 13.

According to FDNY Commissioner Laura Kavanagh, “There is not a small amount of fire, it (the vehicle) literally explodes.” The resulting fire is “very difficult to extinguish and so it is particularly dangerous.”

Last year there were more than 200 fires from batteries from e-bikes, EVs, and other devices. [emphasis, links added]

A fire ignited at an e-bike shop and killed four people near midnight on the morning of June 20. Two individuals were left in critical condition.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/blown-away-the-explosive-dangerous-reality-of-ev-batteries/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson