Author Topic: A luxury department store in San Francisco threatens to shut up shop after 162 years, describing th  (Read 207 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

A luxury department store in San Francisco threatens to shut up shop after 162 years, describing the city as 'unlivable' for its residents and 'unsafe' for its staff
Story by gdean@insider.com (Grace Dean) •
21h

The owner of luxury San Francisco retailer Gump's warned that this holiday season "may be our last."

John Chachas attributed this to rising crime, homelessness, drug use, and remote work.

He said San Francisco is "unlivable for its residents, unsafe for our employees, and unwelcoming to visitors."

The owner of an upmarket San Francisco retailer that first opened in 1861 has warned that rising crime and homelessness in the city means this could be its last year operating.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-luxury-department-store-in-san-francisco-threatens-to-shut-up-shop-after-162-years-describing-the-city-as-unlivable-for-its-residents-and-unsafe-for-its-staff/ar-AA1flePl?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9d5e0601aed047acb049545166ffa9ba&ei=39
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson