Author Topic: Schumer: People ‘Will Know the Economy Is Strong’ in a Year, Won’t ‘Remember’ How Bad Things Were 6,  (Read 661 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 888mouth

Schumer: People ‘Will Know the Economy Is Strong’ in a Year, Won’t ‘Remember’ How Bad Things Were 6, 8 Months Ago

Ian Hanchett 16 Aug 2023

On Wednesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Senate Majority Leader Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) stated that “about a year from now, people will know, they will know the economy is strong.” And that “people still remember six, eight months ago where things [were] at, but, by next summer, they won’t.”

Schumer said, “Our economy is doing so well, and it’s in good part because of the work we in the Senate and the president did over the last summer. The infrastructure bill, the CHIPS and Science bill, and today, we’re celebrating the one-year anniversary of the IRA, probably the most significant pieces of legislation that’s been passed since the Great Society.”

He added, “[W]hat you saw yesterday in Wisconsin is happening every week in so many of the states, ribbons are being cut as bridges are being rebuilt, factories are opening, new jobs, people are learning — lower costs for their prescription drugs, we’re finally negotiating with the drug companies, and it’s going to take persistence. And this is what I say to my fellow Democrats in the Senate, we’ve got to keep at this week after week after week, every week, a new thing happens. And it will, about a year from now, people will know, they will know the economy is strong. Joe, you mentioned the economy is strong, but it’s often a lagging indicator, people still remember six, eight months ago where things [were] at, but, by next summer, they won’t. They will see just the things that you have and the economy will be a strong suit for us.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/16/schumer-people-will-know-the-economy-is-strong-in-a-year-wont-remember-how-bad-things-were-6-8-months-ago/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jean-Pierre: People Will ‘Start to See’ Bidenomics Helping More than It Already Is, Polls Don’t ‘Tell the Whole Entire Story’

Ian Hanchett 16 Aug 2023

On Wednesday’s broadcast of “CNN This Morning,” White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said that she thinks President Joe Biden’s poll numbers will turn around because “Americans are going to start to see” the impacts of President Joe Biden’s economic policies, although she argued there has been positive economic news due to his policies already, and stated that polling doesn’t tell the whole story.

Co-host Phil Mattingly asked, “The thing that I think — and this has been an issue for you guys for the last two-plus years, connecting [legislation passed under Biden] to how the public feels or what the public knows, if you look at poll after poll after poll, continues to be an issue. And yet, there seems to be a sense inside the White House, it’s going to turn. People are starting to figure it out. How do you know that? Why?”

Jean-Pierre answered, “So, look, if you think about the Inflation Reduction Act, yes, it’s the one-year anniversary, and it’s a key part of Bidenomics, that’s also important to note. And look, we’re talking about investing in America. We’re talking about a fairer tax code. We’re talking about the biggest, largest climate action investment ever, as we were just talking about what’s going on in Maui and the extreme weather. These are all incredibly important things here. Here’s an example, as I’ll provide to you: The President was in Wisconsin…yesterday. He went directly to the American people in Milwaukee. He talked about how the Inflation Reduction Act and also the bipartisan infrastructure legislation and also the CHIPS and Science Act, all of these important, historic pieces of legislation are creating a manufacturing boom. … And you look at Wisconsin, just specifically, looking at Wisconsin…companies are investing $3 billion in Wisconsin. 150,000 — more than 150,000 jobs [we’ve created] in the last two years because of the President’s Bidenomics, because of his economic plan. All of these things are important. 2.5% unemployment in Wisconsin, and you think about the national unemployment level, which is under 4%. So, this is what the President’s going to continue to do, talking about how his plan is investing in America, how we’re lowering costs for the American people, and that’s what they want to see. … And also, I think what you were asking me about the polling, you were asking me why we think this is going to actually translate –.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/16/jean-pierre-people-will-start-to-see-bidenomics-helping-more-than-it-already-is-polls-dont-tell-the-whole-entire-story/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Schumer: People ‘Will Know the Economy Is Strong’ in a Year, Won’t ‘Remember’ How Bad Things Were 6, 8 Months Ago

Schumer knows that the Dems are sitting on a boatload of unspent Covid-stimulus and Inflation-reduction cash that they had set aside for the 2024 election.  Maybe half a trillion or more available to buy Dem votes in November '24.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

They're still building Bike Trails in our city with 'unspent' Covid funds. The Chamber runs this town.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

Anything can happen in a year

As an incumbent, Biden would have advantages.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline PeteS in CA

As Paul Simon's song asks, "Who do you think you're fooling?" Chuckles?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Less worse off is not good enough for most people.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Up Chuckie schumer earned the reputation as being on of the most hardcore liars of the bunch.  Remember than of anything Up chuckie asserts.
 :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions