Author Topic: Dershowitz predicts ‘there will be some convictions’ after fourth Trump indictment  (Read 674 times)

Online libertybele

Dershowitz predicts ‘there will be some convictions’ after fourth Trump indictment

Former Trump lawyer Alan Dershowitz said Tuesday he predicts “there will be some convictions,” in former President Trump’s four criminal cases, which he expects will all take place before the 2024 presidential election.

“I predict there’ll be some convictions,” Dershowitz said during an appearance on “Bannon’s War Room,” a podcast hosted by former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon. “I think the strategy is to get bad convictions, but to get them fast in New York and Florida, in Washington, and in Fulton County.”

Dershowitz argued these convictions will be reversed, but not until after the election.

“The whole ‘get Trump’ approach is to get him before the election, convict him before the election, and then he wins on appeal,” Dershowitz said.

A grand jury in Georgia indicted Trump and 18 co-defendants Monday night, marking the former president’s fourth indictment this year. These latest charges stem from Trump and his allies’ efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election results in Georgia.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis (D) led a more than two-year probe into Trump’s attempts to intervene with the election results and alleged organization of a group of 16 Georgia residents to serve as fake electors and claim he won the state, instead of Biden.

In a press conference Monday night, Willis said she hopes to schedule a single trial for all the defendants within the next six months.

Trump’s three other criminal trials are all likely to start within the first half of 2024. His trial in New York state court over alleged hush money payments is scheduled for March 25 while the classified documents trial is slated to start May 20 in federal court.

Earlier this month, a federal grand jury handed down an indictment of Trump related to his efforts to remain in power after the 2020 election. The Department of Justice asked Federal District Court Judge Tanya S. Chutkan to set a Jan. 2, 2024 trial start date, though an official date has not been date.

Dershowitz also pointed to an apparent document that Reuters reported was posted on the Fulton County court’s website Monday and indicated several criminal charges against Trump. In a clarification post, Reuters said the document was taken down “without explanation.”

“The fact that they were willing to put the indictment on the website before the grand jurors voted, proves something that any of us who have had experience in criminal law know – the grand jury is meaningless,” Dershowitz said................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dershowitz-predicts-convictions-fourth-trump-210522461.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

I've called it the same - He will be convicted, perhaps multiple convictions, but will eventually skate on appeal. And I will predict the lion's share of the convictions will come down late next summer... In an October Surprise fashion.

Online libertybele

I've called it the same - He will be convicted, perhaps multiple convictions, but will eventually skate on appeal. And I will predict the lion's share of the convictions will come down late next summer... In an October Surprise fashion.

An October Surprise --- I think you called that one right @roamer_1
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

Proposed Trump trial dates:

D.C: Jan 2 to mid Feb
GA: March 4 - March 22
NY: March 25 - mid April
FL: mid June - July

Don't leave a lot of time to campaign, does it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
   Proposed Trump trial dates:

D.C: Jan 2 to mid Feb
GA: March 4 - March 22
NY: March 25 - mid April
FL: mid June - July

Don't leave a lot of time to campaign, does it.
All during the primaries, which Trump and his sycophants continue to take for granted.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
All during the primaries, which Trump and his sycophants continue to take for granted.

They do, but it still looks very much like an obscene attempt of the current government to legally target the opposition.

I don't give two craps about what happens to Trump, but I do care about the right of the people to choose their elected representatives, whoever they may be.