Author Topic: Erie County is halting the arrival of asylum seekers after arrests  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Erie County is halting the arrival of asylum seekers after arrests
The National Guard is being sent to all hotels in Erie County that are currently housing asylum seekers.

Author: WGRZ Staff
Published: 12:47 PM EDT August 12, 2023
Updated: 11:24 PM EDT August 12, 2023

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. — Transportation of asylum seekers to Erie County has been paused following the arrest of an asylum seeker in Cheektowaga on Friday.

Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz also announced that the National Guard is being sent to all hotels in Erie County that are currently housing asylum seekers. The National Guard is being sent to be a "stabilizing presence." It will take the guards members a few days to arrive. 

Poloncarz said there is currently uniformed security at the hotels.

"Our community's trust and good faith has been betrayed. New York City needs to fix this," Poloncarz said.

An asylum seeker was arrested and charged with sexual abuse and unlawful imprisonment after an incident involving a woman working with the asylum seekers. The suspect, Kindu Jeancy, 22, of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, was staying at the Best Western at 601 Dingens Street in the Town of Cheektowaga.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/crime/erie-county-halting-the-arrival-of-asylum-seekers-western-new-york/71-e1e41b70-fff6-4050-959a-dab42a263171
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Erie County is halting the arrival of asylum seekers after arrests
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 04:44:14 pm »
  New York City needs to fix this," Poloncarz said.

The people of NYC don't need to fix it, democrats and rinos do. ****slapping
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson