Author Topic: Chicago mayor floats idea of sending migrants to suburbs  (Read 187 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago mayor floats idea of sending migrants to suburbs
« on: August 16, 2023, 04:30:31 pm »

Chicago mayor floats idea of sending migrants to suburbs
Story by Andrew Hensel | The Center Square •
4h

(The Center Square) – Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson says the city of Chicago has had conversations with suburban leaders in Cook and other counties about the possibility of moving migrants into their communities.

Thousands of migrant families have arrived in Chicago over the past year. City officials have placed many in police stations, YMCAs and Daley College.

Johnson said the city is looking at other towns to help with housing migrants.

"We've had conversations with mayors across not just Cook County but the surrounding counties, and we have had tremendous feedback," Johnson said. "We see some real support on the horizon."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chicago-mayor-floats-idea-of-sending-migrants-to-suburbs/ar-AA1flqL8?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=a8bdb155eff24076ab5a54a6ca9d0b5e&ei=38
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Chicago mayor floats idea of sending migrants to suburbs
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 04:32:48 pm »
It's a good move.  Instead of just Chicago becoming a scumbag, crime ridden city, they are offering all of Cook County a chance to degenerate just like they are. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online libertybele

Re: Chicago mayor floats idea of sending migrants to suburbs
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 04:34:06 pm »
It's a good move.  Instead of just Chicago becoming a scumbag, crime ridden city, they are offering all of Cook County a chance to degenerate just like they are. :tongue2:

Heck why stop there?  Why not make the whole state crime ridden with ILLEGALS??  :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.