Author Topic: DeSantis: Trump never 'drained the swamp,' but I did in Florida  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: DeSantis: Trump never 'drained the swamp,' but I did in Florida
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2023, 06:47:35 pm »
You obviously hold DeSantis to a higher standard than Trump.

Not my quote @Free Vulcan

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2023, 06:49:35 pm »
Are you kidding me?  This from you who hawks and defends one of the biggest narcissist in political history.

Not my quote @catfish1957

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2023, 06:59:16 pm »
Not my quote @Free Vulcan

That response from you seems to be getting more common.... Quote a bunch of Twitter posts and then distance yourself from what you post when pressed.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2023, 07:02:56 pm »
That response from you seems to be getting more common.... Quote a bunch of Twitter posts and then distance yourself from what you post when pressed.

It's what liars do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2023, 07:07:45 pm »
"Desantis on the Fulton county DA’s indictment of Trump:

- No mention of Trump’s name
- Says he didn’t read the indictment
- Talks about himself

Not the man for the moment.

There are more important issues facing America right now than some assistant DA's name in Fulton County, Georgia.

And the hypocrisy of (falsely) accusing anyone of talking about himself supporting the biggest narcissist politician in US history who talks about himself 24/7 is off the charts.

Stop posting lies already.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2023, 07:12:42 pm »
Back to the topic at hand.  Who did more to drain the swamp?  Ron DeSantis or Donald Trump?  Let's discuss.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2023, 07:30:48 pm »
How about we count the number of lives destroyed, businesses destroyed and children's long term development damaged under who's watch?

Yes, we've all heard the excuses - he just followed the federal bureaucracy in a time of crisis... But leaders are supposed to lead, not follow. Otherwise it doesn't matter who we elect as "leader".

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2023, 07:51:51 pm »

This has always been my reaction when a tweet is misunderstood @Sighlass   .....  to those who are unaware that a retweet is not an endorsement.  A retweet is nothing more than interesting and thought provoking.  Some I agree with, some I do not.  But, I am not the author of any of them and correct the poster who thinks I am.

Thanks for asking.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2023, 07:54:19 pm »
There are more important issues facing America right now than some assistant DA's name in Fulton County, Georgia.

And the hypocrisy of (falsely) accusing anyone of talking about himself supporting the biggest narcissist politician in US history who talks about himself 24/7 is off the charts.

Stop posting lies already.

:thumbsup:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2023, 08:00:57 pm »
This has always been my reaction when a tweet is misunderstood @Sighlass   .....  to those who are unaware that a retweet is not an endorsement.

You posting other people's tweets here has a purpose, and that purpose is to push a political statement.  It is a flat out lie to suggest that you have no bias here and that your posting of these tweets serves no agenda.

Never have I seen you post an anti-Trump tweet or a pro-DeSantis tweet.  Coincidence?  I think not.  You are simply a liar posting something again that you know is not true.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 08:22:47 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2023, 08:02:15 pm »
You posting other people's tweets here has a purpose, and that purpose is to push a political statement.  It is a flat out lie to suggest that you have no bias here and that your posting of these tweets serves no agenda.

Never have I seen you post an anti-Trump tweet or a pro-DeSantis tweet.  Coincidence?  I think not.  You are simply a liar.

Unless accompanied by statements indicating that the re-tweet is done for purposes of criticism, a re-tweet is by default an endorsement of the content that was re-tweeted.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2023, 08:12:07 pm »
This has always been my reaction when a tweet is misunderstood @Sighlass   .....  to those who are unaware that a retweet is not an endorsement.  A retweet is nothing more than interesting and thought provoking.  Some I agree with, some I do not.  But, I am not the author of any of them and correct the poster who thinks I am.

Thanks for asking.
In other words, you're trolling.

But from someone who spoke openly of wanting to—and I quote— "destroy the Republican Party, top to bottom," to avenge Trump, I expect it at this point.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2023, 08:22:40 pm »
In other words, you're trolling.

But from someone who spoke openly of wanting to—and I quote— "destroy the Republican Party, top to bottom," to avenge Trump, I expect it at this point.

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2023, 08:28:24 pm »

Quote my post fully and accurately @jmyrlefuller --- and we'll talk.  Otherwise, shut up.

You appear to be trapped in a time warp. The "who else are you going to vote for" days are over. That thinking is what brought us to this point in our history. We surrendered the power of our vote to the "lesser of two evils" fallacy. No more.

This is about a return to peace, prosperity, freedom and strength. AND, it’s about uprooting a deep administrative state that has grown into a monster totalitarian Uniparty.

If the Totalitarians among us are successful in stopping Trump from running, the Republic is done.

The only chance of rebuilding will be to crush the Republican Party -— from top to bottom -— and clear the way for a true opposition party.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 08:30:02 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2023, 08:35:24 pm »

Never have I seen you post an anti-Trump tweet or a pro-DeSantis tweet.  Coincidence?  I think not.  You are simply a liar posting something again that you know is not true.

Too clever by half @mystery-ak @Cyber Liberty

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2023, 08:35:38 pm »
Whatever it takes is okay with us......
Who is "us"?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2023, 08:36:16 pm »
The headline of the article is true.  Trump never drained the swamp.  Meanwhile, DeSantis' accomplishments in FL continue to shine and he drained the swamp.

So ... unless there is some evidence that Trump drained the swamp, which we all know he didn't, then I'd say those defending Trump on this issue should shut up unless they've have some proof.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2023, 08:36:43 pm »
The headline of the article is true.  Trump never drained the swamp.  Meanwhile, DeSantis' accomplishments in FL continue to shine and he drained the swamp.

So ... unless there is some evidence that Trump drained the swamp, which we all know he didn't, then I'd say those defending Trump on this issue should shut up unless they've have some proof.

Online corbe

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2023, 08:38:34 pm »

I can't speak for management but I'm certain the Mod Room is quite active discussing your treatment of other Briefers @Right_in_Virginia 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2023, 08:44:39 pm »

I was being nice.  Not quite as accurate as the original.  But definitely nicer.

Have you ever asked yourself why you have a propensity for posting things that aren't true?  Perhaps taking a personal inventory of yourself is in order.  If you get honest with yourself, maybe you can discover the root of why you do it.  In the mean time, the rest of us will continue to get a kick out of the hypocrisy you flood this forum with.  It is like being able to have fun posting as a Conservative on DU without immediately getting banned.  I thank you for having that opportunity here to point out the sheer dishonesty of the 'progressive' [sic] mindset on a daily basis.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2023, 08:45:00 pm »
Unless accompanied by statements indicating that the re-tweet is done for purposes of criticism, a re-tweet is by default an endorsement of the content that was re-tweeted.

Exactly.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2023, 08:46:21 pm »

Here's your big chance, @Right_in_Virginia .  Tell us how Trump drained the Swamp.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 08:47:16 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2023, 08:52:34 pm »
Draining the Swamp

Who Is Reince Priebus, Trump's Newly Named Chief Of Staff?

Brian Naylor  |  November 14, 20169:29 AM ET

Reince Priebus once joked about his job as chairman of the Republican National Committee that people assumed he must be miserable. But Priebus said he didn't see it that way. "I'm not pouring Bailey's in my cereal," he told CNN.

Now, as newly named chief of staff to President-elect Donald Trump, Priebus has his work cut out for him.

Priebus will have a large say in hiring West Wing staff, and will "be in charge of day to day operations," he told Fox News on Monday morning. He'll also have the president-elect's ear as a top adviser.  .  .

https://www.npr.org/2016/11/14/501984948/who-is-reince-priebus-trumps-new-chief-of-staff

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2023, 08:53:07 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2023, 08:54:14 pm »
Who is "us"?

If you're referring to this exchange @mountaineer ------

How much of that $53.9M is going to his Legal Fees?  Asking for a Friend.

Whatever it takes is okay with us......

The "us" is Trump's supporters.  My apologies, I truly thought this was self-evident.