Author Topic: Dengue virus spreads across Florida counties, health officials say  (Read 871 times)

Online libertybele

...hmm... leporsy and now this.  The 'tropics' are a breeding ground this year for diseases. Let's keep allowing everybody and their brother in without health screening.  :whistle:

Dengue virus spreads across Florida counties, health officials say

Florida health officials have placed Broward County under a mosquito-borne illness alert this month as dengue virus cases spread.

Broward County – home to Fort Lauderdale – joins Miami-Dade County as the illness continues to spread.

The Florida Department of Health reported two cases of locally acquired dengue in Broward County in its July 30-Aug. 5 arbovirus surveillance report.

There have been 10 cases of locally acquired dengue reported in the Sunshine State this year, with most in Miami-Dade County. The majority of the 10 were reported in July...........

.............What to know about the tropical infectious disease...........

Dengue fever is caused by four viruses: dengue virus 1, 2, 3, and 4.

It is spread primarily by the bite of the Aedes aegypti mosquito, which bites generally during the day, per the CDC.

A person can get infected as many as four times because one virus strain only confers immunity against that specific serotype; people are at higher risk for a life-threatening condition called dengue hemorrhagic fever when they are infected twice, per the CDC.

About one in four people with dengue fever become sick, which can be either a mild or severe illness; but some 40,000 die from severe disease every year, according to the CDC.............

The fever phase, named after its most common symptom, is characterized by severe joint pain and headaches, but most patients recover without complications, Dr. David O. Freedman, professor emeritus of infectious diseases at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, told Fox News Digital...............

https://www.foxnews.com/health/dengue-virus-spreads-florida-counties-health-officials

https://www.foxnews.com/health/dengue-fever-cases-could-reach-near-record-highs-this-yea-what-know-tropical-infectious-disease

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

Re: Dengue virus spreads across Florida counties, health officials say
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 10:54:51 am »
10 cases is "spreading across Florida"??

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 01:35:13 pm »
10 cases is "spreading across Florida"??

When the leprosy fear hoax is no longer working break out the DENGUE FEVER!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 01:52:55 pm »
Dengue can be bad.

As far as leprosy, how many armadillos does FL have?

I know FL is heavily swamp, but armadillos are spreading across the south and humans and armadillos can share leprosy.  I’d suspect that is why there was some uptick in leprosy.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2023, 02:16:15 pm »
Dengue can be bad.

As far as leprosy, how many armadillos does FL have?

I know FL is heavily swamp, but armadillos are spreading across the south and humans and armadillos can share leprosy.  I’d suspect that is why there was some uptick in leprosy.

I'm not sure of the armadillo population, but I've been down here in southern FL for 30 years and have never seen an armadillo.  I've lived on both Gulf water property and fresh water property.

More likely we are seeing an uptick in various diseases due to the influx of ILLEGALS from all around the world.  How many have made it into FL, I haven't researched, but that is my guess.  The ILLEGAL invasion is in large part responsible - simply my opinion.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 02:17:01 pm »
When the leprosy fear hoax is no longer working break out the DENGUE FEVER!

Yeppers. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2023, 06:12:29 pm »

More likely we are seeing an uptick in various diseases due to the influx of ILLEGALS from all around the world.  How many have made it into FL, I haven't researched, but that is my guess.  The ILLEGAL invasion is in large part responsible - simply my opinion.

QFT.  But lots of Illegals are leaving because of the new ID laws DeSantis signed.  Know How I know it is working?  Every liberal rag is crying about work shortages in the jobs Americans don't want to do and how many are leaving FL.

Damn whose gonna pic our fruit and veggies now? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2023, 07:02:38 pm »
QFT.  But lots of Illegals are leaving because of the new ID laws DeSantis signed.  Know How I know it is working?  Every liberal rag is crying about work shortages in the jobs Americans don't want to do and how many are leaving FL.

Damn whose gonna pic our fruit and veggies now?
The more people, legal or illegal, that refuse to do unskilled manual labor because the think they deserve skilled labor pay the faster the development of robotic or automated harvesting machines and the extinction of manual labor jobs. Around me I have seen a revival of high school students working fast food jobs so that cuts even more jobs that 'migrants' can find, of course Brandon and his ilk will just keep supplying them with taxpayer money.